Chapter 33~ Stereotypes

*Dylan's POV*

Today was the same as every day for the last ten days. Every day I and Clarity wake up at 7 am and we arrive at the hospital at 8 am. We would spend the entire day there only breaking for meals, one eating and the other saying by Elizabeth's side. We have both grown closer, which is one thing good that will come out this whole thing I suppose. It was a Sunday when she finally awoke and I was on my lunch break at the now-familiar cafe we always went to. I was paying for my sandwich when I heard a scream. Not bothering with the lift I tore up the stairs faster than lightning. I heard happy giggling when I swung open the door and charged in. I was greeted by a cheerful sight; Elizabeth and Clarity hugging and crying into one another's arms. Not wanting to intrude on their special moment I backed away but Elizabeth caught my movement and glanced at me, her eyes pleading for me to stay. Without a second thought I froze in place, obeying her wishes. Seeing her joy light up her beautiful eyes I felt my hollow self-reawaken from the deep slumber I had been in this past week and a half.

As she talked with Clarity I couldn't help but overhear the conversation between them. "I remember everything that happened but one thing doesn't add up, why was Britney there and where did she go!?" Questioned Elizabeth, her tone frustrated. Listening to her brought back the startling realization that she was right. When I first got to the cleaning I had smelt Britney but I'd paid no attention to it but now I wish I had. Clarity's now familiar voice soon broke my thought train though "Well Britney's scent was in the air when we arrived so she was there for sure but she wasn't there when we arrived. Your sister looked into it but she hasn't returned back here and the queen has other issues to worry about so she gave up!" Exclaimed Clarity. Hearing her words brought some kind of closure for Elizabeth and she fell back into bed, defeated.

As Clarity and she crossed onto other topics, I decided to take the time to study her. Even in the hospital clothing, she was still stunning, her features alight and glowing. She looked regenerated and healthy for the first time in ages. As soon as she was free she jumped towards me, her petite skinny arms strong around my waist. I instantly replied by kissing her forehead. Then I heard a cough which tore us apart. It seemed we were always thrown apart by some disruption or another. A doctor entered "Miss Knight I came to check up on you and see if you can go home!" he told us. Elizabeth nodded her head and then perched herself daintily on the hospital bed. Clarity sat beside her, her hand grasping Elizabeth's. Using some medical equipment I didn't know the names of, the doctor assessed Elizabeth. After several tests, the doctor totalled up his results and turned to me "She's ready to go home! Just make sure she has lots of rest and takes it easy!" He ordered finality in his voice. I nodded, expecting nothing less but by the look of things Elizabeth didn't agree. I sent her a look to tell her that we would talk later and she nodded, defeated. The doctor left and we cleaned up in silence. Just as we were leaving Elizabeth exploded "What does he mean I have to take it easy?" she demanded. I turned to face her angry face "You just need to not do crazy things like run away and almost get killed!" I shouted rage and frustration in my voice. Now that she was coming home I could finally release all the anger I'd built up because of her stupidity. She didn't reply just stared hard at me in the eye. She signed obviously realizing we wouldn't get anywhere and we were both equally wrong "Can we just forget about it?" she begged, pushing her bottom lip out. I stared longer than necessary at her pout but replied coolly "Look I don't want to answer but can you understand that what you did is irresponsible and that I am upset because I was scared for you!" I explained. Her face was shocked at my outburst but I also saw a hint of something else, something different. Knowing that if we hadn't broken apart from each other's gazes we would stay there forever, I told her "Hey let's not put a downer on today! You're coming home. This is cause for celebration!" I cheered high fiving Clarity who shared a knowing glance at me. We have a party to attend!

*Elizabeth's POV*

The colours blurred by as the car whizzed past the beautiful landscape. A sudden turn lurched me in my seat and I gripped the handle to steady myself. The car turned into the grand driveway, shaded by overhanging willow trees. The driveway would be the stereotypical entrance to a grand palace and it really brought to life the fact that I really was a princess. All my life I was addressed with formalities but I never really come to terms that I was a princess. I mean at home I was Elizabeth but to the rest of the world, I was the crazed assassin/princess Elizabeth. Since my parent's accident, I'd worked just as an assassin for the council nothing else. Now I was really experiencing the life of a princess. It was bizarre and strange but I respected the privileges and the responsibilities of being a royal. I hadn't thought it was possible to be both a princess and an assassin, but now It hit me. I already WAS the princess/assassin there was no need to be anyone else. I had to give Dylan a choice. I couldn't judge him on what his father did, I mean if people judged me based on my parents then they would expect me to be the perfect role model, which I was far from. I have a new motto. Don't judge a book by its cover....