Chapter 49~Date or nah?

*Dylan's POV*
It's like when you ask someone something and you know it could go either way and you're just standing there waiting. That's what I felt like right now. Elizabeth's face gave nothing away as she drew back from me, her arms disentangling from my waist. I breathed heavily, hoping she stay yes. Minutes past with just us staring at one another. I mean the fact that this beautiful girl was even considering going on a date with me was incredible. When I first laid eyes on my beauty of a mate I knew that I would do anything for her. I still don't understand how I messed up so badly but whatever the reason I wanted to have a fresh start.

So distracted in my thoughts I almost did hear her quiet whisper. "Yes" that one word caused so much emotion inside of me. A surge of happiness overwhelmed me as my brain eventually clicked. She had said yes! Every practice in front of the mirror of this exact moment had paid off. All those days of stressing and planning were all for this. It was only the slightly nudging from my wolf that reminded me to speak up and not make a fool of myself. "So is it okay if I pick you up at eight? Oh and you may want to dress warm!" I stuttered. Even though she accepted I was still worried she's go back on her decision. Almost instantly she replied letting a tinge of excitement and happiness out "Yes I'll be there!" She cried. Relieved I managed to relax yet keep my cool. My body strained to ask if we could hang out for a bit but her words closed it down "I'm sorry but I need to go get ready and talk to clarity about this! So I'll see you at eight?!" She smiled. Her dazzling smile made my knees melt and I grabbed the sofa "Yeah it's a date?" I called as she walked away. As her petite figure turned the corner I heaved a deep loud sight of relief. I had scored a date with my beautiful mate, Elizabeth Knight...

*Elizabeth's POV*

It was 7:50pm and I was standing in front of the mirror, glimpsing myself for the first time tonight. When I had found Clarity earlier she had screamed for about five minutes when I explained, in detail as requested, my encounter with Dylan. It was only another mere ten minutes later she actually started on my outfit. I had requested that she add only minimal makeup just to help bring out my features, no more than absolutely needed. However the topic of my clothing was a total different story that was out of my range completely. I was really only now that I could see myself and boy was Clarity amazing. I was dressed in some beautiful white jeans with a green floaty top, complete with a brown leather jacket and matching brown combat boots. The entire outfit was gorgeous and worked well with the slowly dropping temperatures. My hair had been curled to perfection by Clarity. Throughout the day I had been feeling a slow but rising excitement for the date and now it was finally here, I was on my first date with my real mate. Life was perfect.

Away with the fairies I hasn't been aware that Clarity was talking to me. I was only when she handed me some shades that I tumbled back into my body. "So no matter what have fun and don't do anything you regret! No scratch that do something you'll regret like kiss Dylan!" She hollered, shoving me towards the door. As if it was rehearsed the door swing open, revealing a very handsome Dylan. He was dressed in a black tight fitting shirt and some combat trousers, completed with trainers. He looked fresh and clean with his hair sticking up as if he'd just had a shower. It was adorable. Without hesitation he stepped forward to take my head "You look stunning, absolutely gorgeous!" He told me, with pride and something else, something unknown, mixed in his tone. His contagious attitude was hard to resist and I found myself telling him truthfully "So do you, so do you!" He looked startled at my reply but quickly regretted himself and led me down the steps out of my suite. Directing me he guided me along corridors and to the entrance. Just as I was about to open the grand foyer doors he stopped me "I have a surprise but you have to trust me to lead you out and down the steps okay?" He informed. The feeling of surprise overwhelmed me and I nodded, subjecting myself to his every whim.

Gracefully he took my hand, providing guidance for the steps. Unbeknown to myself I leaned in, basking in his warmth and the feeling of safety. Once again he stopped me and slowly asked me to open my eyes. At first I saw nothing but then my eyes adjusted and I was greeted by a loveable sight. Our transport it seemed was the classic style; horse and carriage. His thoughtful touch almost bought tears to my eyes as I elegantly settled myself into the carriage. It was enclosed and decorated with lights and flowers "Hand Picked by my pack and I those are." Dylan announced, following my wandering eyes to the flowers. Emotional I gripped his hand, the date was just staring and it was already magnificent. In that moment I was glad I was gifted with my mate. The mate who I may be falling in love with...