Chapter 18~ I'm royalty

*Elizabeth's POV*

The next morning I was awoken to the sound of arguing echoing up the stairs. Dragging myself out of bed I stumbled into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed, the cool air caressing my wet skin. Tired I stretched out on my comfortable bed thinking over my sister's strange behaviour. What had she been doing with the poison? Why would a queen have use for that? Pushing my questions aside I made my way downstairs. I entered the brightly lit kitchen and I was overwhelmed by the smell of freshly cut flowers. The spacious airy room was a source of mingling for several different people, none of whom I knew. According to the clock, it was noon, although the depressing grey clouds outside said otherwise. I crept into the packed kitchen and continued on with my normal schedule. Staying in the shadows so not to be seen I approached the island. Tying back my long hair I grabbed some cereal and settled down to watch the entertainment. The main fight seemed to be coming from two guys in their thirties arguing about something, They're arguing seemed to be egging the rest of the disagreements on. Studying the two antagonists I noticed a similarity between the two and that when It finally all clicked; these two people were brothers and not just any brothers, they were the alpha brothers. Smacking my head, I mentally facepalmed, how could I have been so stupid, all the alphas were arriving today to celebrate the queen's new mate and their future king. Deciding that I had enough of this racket I abandoned my half-eaten bowl of cereal and walked straight up to the brothers. I waited but to no results, so bringing their attention I bought my fingers to my lips and wolf-whistled. Everybody cringed and covered their ears, turning to look at the source of their discomfort; me. Now that I had their attention I glared at the two brothers "Hey will you guys keep it down I'm trying to go about my day here and I can't even eat my breakfast in peace without your annoying voices drowning me out. I mean you can argue all you like outside but when you inside you need to control yourselves and use your inside voices! Am I making sense?" I pronounced. Heavy breathing was all that could be heard around the otherwise silent room. The two brothers, I think their names were Aiden and Max were full-on glaring at me however and if looks could kill I would have been dead ten times over. "Little Girl I suggest you apologies and leave now before I rip your throat out for your disrespect. Now!" screamed the older of the two brothers, Aiden. I only laughed in his face at his poor, desperate threat. "I'm sorry but you call that a threat! Please I heard so much worst!" I retorted, jabbing my finger in his chest. He looked shocked but that quickly turned to deep anger. "Look we're trying to help you here so I advise you do as his says!" Answered the other brother, Max.  Anger rose to the surface, How dare they disrespect me and my wolf like that! How dare they ask me to apologize? It was outrageous and it drove me mad. Taking the first move I gave Aiden an almighty shove backwards. Due to his position he currently held, he only stumbled a few steps backwards but that was enough for him to lunge at me. He surged forward and tackled me but despite his momentum and unbelievable strength he barely nudged me. Releasing a small amount of my power I smirked. The look of disbelief that crossed his face was so comical but it didn't compare to his face when he realized just exactly who I was. He along with his brother and everyone else in the room fell to their knees, bowing their heads in submission. "You know I could have you arrested for that but I'm feeling generous today so I'll let you off with a warning!" I told him before I grabbed my bowl of soggy cereal and walked out, anger still raging through me.

After my showdown, I walked outside into the gardens. The fall was drawing closer and closer and the animals were slowly gathering supplies to hibernate. The sweet smell of pollen rose in the crisp air and I lay back into the soft grass, slowly relaxing each muscle. All the tension and worries left me and I signed in content. I was at peace but not for long. My wolf, Scarlet began to pace and whine relentlessly and looking around I figured out why. Walking towards us was my mate. Every hope for a peaceful day dashed away.