Chapter 16~Into the pool....

*Elizabeth's POV*

They let me out early, whether it was because of my whining or because I was well again, probably the latter although the whining may have been a contributing factor. Since I had first woken up I'd been asking myself the same question over and over again, Did Dylan really mean all those things on the recording? Listening to the recording had been shocking, to say the least, I mean Dylan the jerk faced player telling me his whole life story, admitting he wanted to have a relationship with me? It was an original way to show your feelings that was for sure, the odds of him having it recorded on phone by none other than my best friend. Unbelievable. I will never understand what prompted Clarity to record the conversation but thank god she did. I kept the knowledge of his confession to myself nonetheless, wanting to see if he'd ever admit it to me face to face. Before you all think he's got me caught easily, oh you've yet to see what I have planned for him! It all started when we arrived back at the palace...

Opening the door to the car I was greeted by several faces, including my sister's worried face. Stepping out I stretched, tired from the long journey. My sister walked up to me and hugged me "You're back! I'm so glad!" she squealed. Dylan clambered out the low car and walked up to me, placing a hand on my waist. His touch caused sparks to erupt around my body and I leant into his warm frame contently. Red hair drew my attention and I looked up knowingly. The next thing I knew I was being tackled in a hug "Hey you look great! So I was thinking the other day, we haven't given your mate the proper initiation. Now because he's your mate and an alpha, I say we go find the water guns?" She whispered, joy sparkling in her eyes. A playful smile crept onto my face as we pulled apart. She gave me a slight nod and together we began to sprint. Now Clarity and I weren't the fastest runners but we'd taken them by surprise so we had a head start. I had to ruin the moment however when I looked back over my shoulder, making the fatal mistake, and stumbled. Landing face first is not something I recommend when being chased by werewolves. Clarity halted, backtracked and quickly helped me up but this had cost us precious seconds. Setback by my fall Dylan was gaining swiftly on me. Now panicked I set off again, my body pumping with adrenaline. We rounded the corner and putting on a burst of speed we reached the equipment shed and scrambled for the guns. Just as my hand connected with the water-filled weapon I was tackled for the second time today. As my attacker and I fell to the ground I was spun around, leaving whoever had attacked me to the effects of the hard impact of the ground. My breath was whisked away as I realized who was under me, Dylan. "I've got you now kitten!" he smirked, triumph in his deep blue eyes. I jumped up pulling him with me. I smiled at him as he leaned in towards me, this was the moment he was going to kiss me! The perfect moment was torn apart however when me being clumsy fell and tumbled backwards into the icy pool, taking him with me. I burst up to the surface, spurting up water before I broke into fits of laughter. Looking around I noticed that everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch our exchange, the deck was quiet for a minute as the bystanders took in everything but then hearing our laughter they joined in too. I swam my way out the pool, wringing my dripping hair out and adjusting my shirt which now clung to me. Once I was semi-presentable I headed to the house to change. Entering the kitchen I heard footsteps behind me and using my speed I swung around and pounced on my unsuspecting mate. His firm frame meant that we didn't fall but I still took him off guard for a second. He grinned down at me but his next words made the happiness pour out of me "Hey kitten I haven't seen your parents around here? Where are they?" he questioned. I froze and stepped away before I turned and bolted....