Chapter 27~ Weapons

*Elizabeth's POV*

Running brought back horrendous memories of the last time I was in the forest but at the same time gave me peace. I sprinted, not stopping even when my paws began to ache when my breathing became ragged. My muscles protested and finally, they stopped as exhaustion took control. My form slumped to the ant-infested ground. My fading senses became alert as the snap of a tree branch was heard but I could barely lift my weak head. Footsteps entered the tunnel of darkness that was now my only source of vision. With no resistance the stranger leant down and picked up my heavy body, draping me over his strong shoulder. That's when my survival instincts kicked in and I began thrashing and kicking, desperate to escape his grip. He groaned as my fist connected with his unguarded stomach. My repetitive pounding, however, began to slack until eventually, my fists dropped uselessly. The tree branches brushed against my shoulders as he walked around the overgrown tree roots. His graceful movements soon lured my tired body into a gentle sleep. The last thing I could recall was his gruff voice murmuring "Sleep while you can little one, sleep while you can!"

I vaguely remember the sensation of being pressed against a hard chest and the feeling of being dipped into a soft bed. I briefly remember waking up but then falling instantly back to sleep. When I finally woke up, I had a pounding headache. I looked around the vast room I currently resided in. My surroundings were furnished with the bed obviously the main feature. The soft mattress below me creaked as I pushed up out of bed and to the mirror to assess myself. My hair was a tangled mess and deep circles could be seen but apart from that, I was fine. Judging by the strange odour I produced I guessed I'd been here for some time, defiantly more than a week. I discovered two doors in my earlier scan of the bedroom, so I headed to the closest door insight. The door opened to reveal a gorgeous well-designed bathroom, with a spa and shower fully equipped. I explored the large bathroom and was surprised to find a tank top and some shorts. They were slightly too big but they would do. Taking advantage of the facilities I hopped into the shower, keeping my poor guard up. As the water ran down me, rational thought trickled back into me and my defence strengthened. Clambering out of the warm shower I rummaged around and managed to successfully find some unused toiletries. It was like someone had stocked the bathroom with me in mind, which raised some suspicion. Now panicked, I quickly changed and exited the bathroom, alert and ready. There was no one there thankfully but I kept my guard up. Refreshed and clean, I looked around for some kind of potential weapon. It was obvious I'd been kidnapped but the reasoning behind it was unknown. I didn't have any enemies, well enemies who would take a grudge this far. So the mystery as to why I was here remained a mystery.

The room I was staying in was obviously made for comfort, shown by the luxuries objects in it. The decorators had obviously designed the room to be weapon proof. The bed along with the table and chairs were chained down, so that option was out. The windows, like the glass in the shower and mirror were toughened so as I had discovered the glass was unbreakable. Then it hit me, so far I'd considered the larger objects in the room but what about some of the smaller objects. Frantically I ransacked the draws looked for anything I could use to aid in my escape. Then I saw it. My life-saving device, a bag of bobby pins. Hope flared up inside of me and I almost laughed at the thought of such a common object being my way of escape. I gripped the bobby pins tightly and tore towards the door. Before I'd even laid a hand on the door handle the door was flung open. I stumbled, shocked at being caught off guard. Coursing with energy, I took his forceful entrance with determination. Blindly I swung out a punch connecting with what felt like a nose. Not faltering I stepped out from the cover of the door and aimed a strong swift kick to his groin. Falling to the ground he winced in pain. Stepping over him I aimed one last hard kick at his side before racing out the door to my freedom...