Chapter 25~ Confession

*Elizabeth's POV*

The rest of the day passed very quickly with no problems. We didn't see Dylan for the rest of the day but Jake and his friends stuck with us like glue. It was strange really and I kept pestering Jake as to why he and his followers were stalking us. His only reply was "You're the princess, it's our job!" I eventually gave up, enjoying the rest of my busy day. I had Art, Drama and Woodwork for the afternoon and I sucked in them all. Another stalker of mine was Chase, he never left my side and he always had his arm wrapped around me. I liked the comfort at first but then it just grew really annoying and I decided to walk with Sydney instead. Now if you thought I was confused at all this then you were wrong, Sydney was in deep poo. She kept asking questions to both Mason and I. I tried to cover up of course but I could tell she didn't believe me so I just switched the subject. We talked about hobbies and stuff we liked to do and I found out that she was very musical. She plays the guitar, piano and flute on a regular basis. Unlike me she was also good in art, creating a masterpiece when all I could manage was a messed up splatter of paint. She graciously offered to teach me and I accepted. Earlier I had told her about Clarity, who couldn't be here today because she was sick, and she said we could all meet up this weekend at her place and just hang out. I was excited, my two best friends together for a sleepover.

I now currently sat in my last class of the day; maths and boy was it boring. All the formulas and expressions were killing me, mainly because I'd missed a year of school due to my assignment. It was nearing the end of class when a boy approached me. It surprised me, mainly because today everybody had steered clear of us new kids so when I had a student approach me I was momentarily surprised. He came to a stop before me before lifting his head "Hey so I was wondering if your dating anyone or have a boyfriend?" he asked, nerves showing through his attempt at a confident exterior. I sighed. I knew this was coming, even though no one had approached me, boys had given me wolf whistles all throughout the day to which Chase replied to with a growl. I mean come on don't you have better things to do other than whistle at girls. Did they even have a life? I frowned but before I could answer Chase practically growled "Yes she does and he wants you to move along and go find some other girl!" his fist tightened with every word, almost gong blue with lack of blood and oxygen. I blinked, once, twice and three times as I processed his angry words. I turned to him appalled "What do you think you're doing Chase? You're not my boyfriend!" I glared. He shrugged "That guy was bothering you so I took care of it!" he explained, his voice irritated. "Chase that is one of the only people who took the time to come and talk to me and you just scared them away! I don't care if it was only to inquire about my love life, at least he talked to me!" I whispered, hurt and angry I pushed back my chair. The sound brought the teacher's attention "Miss. Knight, what are you doing? Sit down!" she shouted. I shrugged "I have no idea miss but I'm going to be leaving now!" I retorted, glaring at Chase. Gathering my stuff I rushed out the door before the teacher could scold me.

As I ran down the hallway and towards the exit, tears streamed down my cheeks. How could my best friend do that to me? Didn't he know how much it meant to me? Distracted I didn't notice the solid wall I ran into, resulting from the collision I stumbled back and tumbled to the floor. Except I didn't hit the ground. Surprised I blinked, ridding myself of the tears. I looked up into a familiar pair of blue eyes who stared down at me with concern. "Elizabeth what's wrong?" Dylan asked, tucking a stray wisp of hair behind my ear. Struggling out of his embrace I stepped back, I don't know what made me say it, maybe it was my emotions flying through me or just because it was in the heat of the moment, either way, I regretted the next words that came out of my mouth. "Why do you care about me, after all your dad killed my parents and I tried to kill you in return?!" I screamed, forcing him backwards. Knocked off his guard he stood speechless. Not wanting to face the aftermath of my words I turned and ran. My destination unknown, I ran into the dying sunlight.