Recap/sneak peek

In six days...

In six days I'll post the long awaited first chapters of the sequel to demons

But first... I figured some of you guys might need a quick recap of the first book!
(Which was actually really fun to write out)
And at the end a few sneak peeks into the upcoming chapters!👀

"So..."
*deep inhale*

Mai Rika our MC has a quirk called "demon"
She has advanced senses, speed and strength. It's also part mutation, she has two small horns, a tail with a pointed end and two retractable wings.

As an orphaned child she was often picked on or shut out by her peers including Katsuki Bakugou. The only one who pursued her friendship was the other school outcast Izuku Midoriya.
Mai rejected his freindship because she was scared of being hurt or betrayed by someone she cared about.

One night when she was Ten years old she was kidnapped on her way home from school and awoke in a room with other prisoners.
A man named Amaya Keiji then explained that he kidnapped them and was going to force them to fight for the entertainment of villains but only if they completed a challenge and lived.

The only two people to defeat the lizard man and win the challenge was Mai Rika and a teenage boy named
Kai Shindo.
The two formed a close relationship but a year in, Kai was killed while fighting in "the Arena" leaving Mai alone.

After Five years of fighting in a gladiator Arena and becoming what is called the "champion" Mai was rescued by heroes including Hawks, Midnight, Best Jeanest, All might and detective Naomasa Tsukauchi.
She was rescued and then the
mouse principal 'Nezu' offered to let her attend the Hero school called UA high.

She's reluctant to agree because of her bloody past but was eventually convinced when he said after the USJ attack they needed added security and a new student with amazing combat experience wouldn't be a bad idea.

Mai attends UA high and is reunited with her old classmates Bakugou and Izuku. She mends her relationship with Midoriya and agrees to become friends with him, she tells him her reasons for rejecting his friendship when they were kids and he promises that he would never hurt or leave her.
Izuku's new friend Ochaco Uraraka sees them embracing and starts to build a jealous one-sided rivalry against Mai.

Mai sits out on the sports festival because she wants to avoid the memories of the arena but she still goes to Best Jeanest's agency to intern with Bakugou.
After Mai has a nightmare Bakugou and her build a friendship and he assures her that Izuku is a freind that she could trust.

She spends time with her classmates and starts to build a somewhat normal life.
When final exams come up Mai has to fight All Might one on one. Mai wins but gets impaled and has to go into surgery.
Recovery girl discovers that Mai's body and quirk are resistance to sleeping drugs when she wakes up several hours earlier than she expects.

Mai and her class go to the summer camp and she over hears a conversation between her friends Sero, Denki and Kirishima about what girls are Cute and hot in UA.
Ejiro Kirishima stands up for her when they say she wouldn't be a good girlfriend because of her stoic personality.