family secret

tw:past abuse,self-harm,not friendly and not real

Stephen always kept his family affairs a secret,whenever someone asked about his family he always avoided the question and yes he hated his family and for the right reason to.He made himself the man he is now by himself he didn't need anyone to hold his hand and tell him it's okay.

When Stephen was little he was the odd one out he didn't play with the neighbor kids,he didn't have any friends and never interacted with his family,not that the family part matters since they hated him.Growing up his brother got all the attention,the star of the family,the captain of the rugby team,popular and had a lot of friends so in his parents eyes he was the golden child and Stephen was the waste.

While his parents and brother were out he had to clean,cook,sometimes make dinner and other things and if he failed to do his chores he was "punished" which ended with him bruise and battered.But he did learn to live with it and when asked how he got the bruise he say he fell and it worked because no one cared.

This one time he was making lunch for his brother and father he burnt it and his father smacked his face over and over until he saw stars and Stephen didn't go to school for the following week and no one still noticed.He was alone his parents and brother were horrible so were the kids at school they made fun of him for doing magic,they would beat him up and calm him names like freak he wouldn't lie and say that it didn't hurt because it did.

When Stephen was 15 his family moved to Newcastle.Stephen didn't mind moving he was glad he hoped this time he would make friends and have people he can come to when he want's to escape because he already wanted to leave and never return.

It was Sunday when they were all settled in meaning the boys had school the next,his brother already made some friends with the boys across the streets and was joining the schools rugby team his parents were ecstatic and happy for him.And later on in the day Stephen and his father got into,his father wanted Stephen to join a sport and stop being childish because magic was"For children"his father reminded him multiple time and when Stephen told him no he got punched in the face.

His father yelled at him to go to his room and not to come out until tomorrow and when Stephen mentioned dinner his father told he wasn't allowed to eat until he learned respect that made Stephens blood boil but he obeyed.He ended up breaking down and added some cuts to his collection each for his wrong doing.He knew he deserved it his parents were right he was an abomination then he fell asleep.

He woke up to aggressive knocking on his door telling him to wake up and make breakfast so he scurried out of bed and put on loose fitting clothing(He lost a lot of weight)and hurried down the stairs to make food.When the other's came down he was left with one piece of toast but it didn't bother him he was grateful for even being allowed something,he looked at the time he had a good 13 or so minutes before he had to leave for school but he wanted to look around so he left with his bag.

after a little bit of exploring he walked into the school.It was loud and some were staring at him probably from the black eye his father so nicely gave to him for not "Showing respect"even though his father didn't deserve it but who was he.He got his schedule from the main office lady and by the time he got it the bell rang indicating he was now late on his first day his parents are going to have a field day.He had biology first and it took him a while just to find the stairs for the upstairs but he eventually did and found his class only 12 minutes late.

He knocked on the door so he could be let in and the whole class was looking to see who was at the door "Hello are you the new student"the teacher asked"Yes sir"Stephen replied nervelessly feeling the whole class watching him"There is a seat open by Anthony and Declan boys"The large teacher said.When Stephen looked up he saw to boys that had their hands up,he slowly made his way feeling the stares on him

Stephen sat down beside the blond boy who turned to him"Hello i'm Dec and this is Ant what's your name"This was new Stephen thought no one ever spoke to him"Hello"Ant said

"S-sorry my name is Stephen nice to meet you"He said and the boys smiled

"So Stevie where did you get that shiner"Oh boy