He couldn't

TW! Suicide 

Stephen wasn't sure why he was standing on the roof looking down at the dark streets with a glow from the light bulbs.He clenched his hands into his hair,wanting to scream but didn't.

The last couple of weeks were by far the worse than anything.He kept feeling worse each day and he didn't know why.

He shivered a little when the wind picked up,he didn't care.He chocked down a sob that was bubbling in his throat,he leaned down from where he was perched on the ledge and sat down,letting his legs swing.

He was making his mind up as he sat there,he pulled his phone out and went to the familiar number he knew by heart and clicked it.

"Hey Stevie,everything okay it's kinda late?"His tad older friend sounded tired and a hint of worry in his voice,Stephen smiled a little"Oh yeah,just want you to know i won't see you tomorrow"Ant could tell something was up when he heard Stephen's raspy,tired voice.

"Is everything okay,cause it doesn't"Ant sounded worried even more,Stephen replied instantly "Oh yes everything is fine,just feel a little sick and want to sleep"

It wasn't really a lie,he really did feel sick,sick of everything.He also wanted to sleep,sleep forever.He just wanted to let Ant know he won't be able to make it tomorrow,it wouldn't be fair to do that,leaving his friends waiting.

The line was quiet for a couple of seconds until Ant's voice came through"Since when are you sick,You never get sick,Do you want me and Dec to come over?"Stephen's eyes widened and he started to shake.

"Nno i'm fine,i can take care of myself  so you don't need to come over"He sputtered out as an excuse.Ant said okay but was still worried and asked again but he got the same reply.Stephen smiled sightly and told Ant not to worry and that he will be fine.Before Stephen ended the call Ant started speak again"If you need me or Dec were here you know,what are friends for"Ant said to him worriedly.

Stephen froze a little but let out"Yeah"before hanging up.Now he was free to do it,not caring if he will be on the news tomorrow.He was just glad he got that off his chest.

He was still sitting on the ledge,legs dangling when his phone rang again,he looked to see who it was and of course it was Ant he knew something was up.He was getting messages know.

Stephen look what's wrong and don't lie

Stephen please answer 

Im worried 

Stephen this isn't funny 

He read them and felt bad but he needed to do this,even if he was hurting his own friends.He slipped his phone in his pocket and looked down at his converse.

His tears stopped and his body felt the cold.He slowly stood,it was time.

He looked down at his doom,letting the shuddering breath out and mentally prepared himself for what will be happening.His phone was buzzing in his pocket but he ignored it,he looked at the sky one last time and jumped.

He was the talk of London the next day.