Hypothermia

It was below freezing and snowing out and there was one thing Stephen loved and hated.He loved the snow and hated the cold.

David had come over and dragged Stephen to come out with him.See David was like a little kid and so was Stephen,both loved the snow and David wanted to play.

So Stephen bundled himself up and let David lead the way.He took them to this really tall hill,and there were some skis leaning up against a tree,David must have already planned this.Stephen thought.

Stephen was great at skiing,not a surprise he was great at a lot of things.They were having fun,Shocking i know,But David being David bet Stephen he could beat him down to the bottom and of course Stephen said he wouldn't so here they are now.

"Meet you down there"Stephen shirked,pushing himself down the hill David not that far behind.Stephen thought he was ahead but no David zoomed by fast and Stephen tried to catch up but he didn't see the branch.

He stumbles trying to catch himself but the skis go in a different direction,stumbling forward,he manages to grab a branch from a tree.Blood runs down his hands from where the branch cut his palms.

David seemed to notice and stopped and stared at Stephen"You okay"David yelled,but Stephen didn't reply.He was busy ripping the death traps off his feet and of course the stupid shoes he had on went off with the skis so now he was only wearing sock and running down the snow covered hill to David.

His feet feel like ice and his hands are like tiny ice cubes."Are u okay" David asked concerned"Do i look okay David"Stephen said sarcastically."Well i don't know are you"Of all the time Stephen wanted to punch David he wants to do it right now

"No i am not okay!,i am freezing my feet and fingers are tingling and that is not good"He yelled running down to the car and David was not that far behind.

 "Unlock the door"Stephen yelled,banging his fist on the door,once the click was heard Stephen ripped the door open and brought his legs to his chest while David started the car.Even with the heat running Stephen was still cold and shriving like mad. 

"Do you need to go to the hospital"David asked concerned"No i don't"Stephen stuttered out gritting his teeth"You sure?You might have hypothermia"David said.Stephen knew he was going to be sick in the morning and knew he might have hypothermia but what will the hospital do?. 

"No,just take me home please"Stephen whispered hugging his legs,trying to conceive warmth."Okay,are you sure"David would be lying if he said he wasn't concerned,"Yeah"Yeah Stephen wasn't okay but David was not going to tell Stephen that.

Once they got to Stephen's David was trying to help the younger man but Stephen wouldn't let him"I am fine just go"Stephen was not in the mood to deal with the man who was responsible for this and for once David listened "Call me if you need anything and i'm sorry"Stephen nodded before shutting his door.

He made his way to his couch and took his socks off,his feet were red and kinda swollen from the cold.He was tired and his hand still hurt from the branch but that could wait until he woke up again.He pulled the blanket that was on the back of his couch over him and curled up.Remembering to smack David when he sees him again.