Caught in the act

Right here is this thing sorry if its depressing its cause im depressed right now and kinda want to take a leap off a bridge but after i take these stupid ass test that ima fail so great.:)))

Stephen had a secret.It wouldn't kill him but he kept it to himself.Now since the others were partying he decided to take part in his secret.He took the black lighter out of his pocket and the red and white box of cigarettes.

He shoved the cigarette in his mouth and lit it,inhaling and the exhaling,his head hitting the wall he was leaning on.

"What are you doing?"

That startled Stephen,he wiped his head around,eyes wide and hiding the box behind his back.He watched as Ant as he walked closer to him.

"You shouldn't be smoking,Stevie"Ant sighed.

"Why not"Stephen asked defensively,sticking the stick back into his mouth.Ant plucked the cigarette out of his mouth and then stepping on it annoyed.

Stephen glared at the older man and moved away from him and put another one in his mouth which very much annoyed Ant more."Stephen,why are you doing this"he asked.

He didn't answer,though he just leaned on the wall again.He let the smoke flutter around him and tensed when he felt a hand on his shoulder.He looked around and noticed snow flakes on him and he also wasn't aware how cold he was or that he was shivering until Ant put a jacket over his frail shoulders.

"You know you can get really sick Stevie,this could lead to lung cancer"Ant said gently"This is a bad habit,why are you doing this?"Ant repeated.

"It's uh safer than you know"he trembled looking at the ground.

Ant once again gently pulled the cigarette out of the younger man's mouth and putting it out.He also reached the pack in his friends pocket the the lighter as well.

Stephen was starting to cry when Ant asked"Why do you feel that you need to use again,Stevie"

"Because it hurts Ant"he whispered.He felt colder and his hands were shaking way more than they did before.Ant reached out to touch him and frowned."Stephen your freezing,how long have you bee out here"

"A-a while"he said looking at the ground"I didn't want to do it near the others,Dec would kill me.Will you ell Dec"He asked because he knew the shorter man would really kill him.

"No,i won't"He watched his friend closely and saw him twitching slightly.

"Yeah"he said unconsciously playing with the sleeves of An'ts jacket and when he realized what he was doing he stopped and started to take it off. 

"No keep it"Ant said stopping the younger man"Your freezing and i feel fine"

"Thanks"Stephen said smiling a little bit,he let his eyes flutter shut "Will i get them back"Stephen asked.

"I will if you tell me why you need them"Ant shrugged.

Ant watched Stephen dig into his pocket and pull out a orange bottle and saw him making a tossing motion towards him and he caught the bottle.when he read the label he frowned,then it hit him"You didn't take any of them"

"I can't"He sighed"It makes it real and it can't be real"

Ant looked at the bottle again and read the label again,hoping he hadn't misread but he didn't"Why didn't you tell me"Ant asked "What if something had happened"

"It's depression Ant not the plague"Stephen sneered "I mean really what could've happened" 

"You know what i mean"Ant glared"And you should have told me,i would have helped and so would have Dec"

" I know but i didn't want anyone to know"He sighed looking out at the frozen lake near the place they were at.

"Stephen can we talk about this"Ant asked

"Can we tomorrow i am tired,Ant i just wanna go home"Ant sighed and looked towards the area their friends were and back at the bottle in his hands.

"Okay but you have to take one"Stephen looked at him"Just one please for me and i will leave you alone tonight i promise"

Stephen knew doing that was a better option so he took one from the bottle,let the pill sit in his mouth before swallowing.

"Thank you,i can give you a ride home"Ant offered

"No i think i'm going to walk"

"Okay see you tomorrow,night Stevie"

"Night Ant"