7.I can't

Your pov

I was sitting in my room with Jennie after Jungkook left for a mission.

And of course it's my birthday. But I don't mind because I don't want to celebrate it.

"Have you told him yet?" Jennie asked me.

"Told him what?" I asked confused.

"That you have philophobia" Jennie stated.

"I've been trying to tell him everything since the beginning. But fate doesn't favour me" I told and sighed.

"Sooner the better" she told and just then Jungkook entered the room.

There he goes again. Smiling.

See, this is where it all begins.

That smile. That damned smile.

As if he had all the time in the world to make me fall in love with him.

When being in love, there is only one thing to lose. And that one loss can break you.

Fear of being forgotten or hated by the other. Fear of losing their loved one's life.

Fear when one is cheating on the other. Fear if their love for each other has worn out. And so on.

Love, fear, pain, hate, guilt, betrayal, and finally, heartbreak. And that's why I'm afraid of love.

Jungkook's pov

Philophobia? So, that's the reason she's afraid to love me.

It's okay love, I would help you overcome your fear of love.

I entered the room and said "Hi birthday baby".

She smiled slightly. Jennie looked at her and nodded her head.

And then she left the room, leaving Y/n and me alone.

Y/n got up and walked towards me, "Jungkook, I want to tell you this. It's really import-"

Before she could complete, I could hear gunshots.

Y/n obviously got scared and crouched down to the floor.

I cursed under my breath and moved towards the cupboard to take out my desert eagle gun.

I took it out and walked to Y/n. She stumbled and moved backwards with her hands on the floor.

"P-Please d-don't bring that near me" she pleaded with fear in her eyes.

"Baby, I'm not gonna hurt you, please" I walked towards her.

She stumbled backwards on the floor until her back hit the wall.

I knelt down in front of her while hiding my gun.

"Baby look at me. I don't have anything in my hand. Please don't be afraid baby carrot" I touched her cheek and she flinched.

(Author-nim: You may wonder "Why this 'Baby' thing?". It's because a relationship is delicate thing, and when you truly love someone you can't help but want to care for and protect and love that person. So we as humans instinctually call our partners baby because we feel those urges generally associated with- babies)

"Baby" I called and kissed her forehead. I pinned her hand above her head.

I lifted her and put her over my shoulder.

I was shooting the enemies while I could feel Y/n trembling.

I went to a room with a secret passcode.