44.Fallout

"The weapons in warehouse 54 have been fleeced, just now" Hoseok said and Jungkook looked out of the glass window at the city lights, madness slowly growing inside him.

"First thing at work tomorrow, meeting at the headquarters" he said in a cold voice and Hoseok nodded before going out.

It had been two days since this kind of thing started.

First, one of the allies cut ties with him. His weapons which were kept in top secret places, taken away by other gangs or the police.

It was not a matter of money for him. It was the trust he earned in this business from the other clans.

If his partners think that he has gone weak and the Jeon empire is falling, it would be a change in history. The fallout is not only in the underworld. It's also political.

There are politicians all over the world who abide by him.

That's one of the reasons why Jungkook makes sure that he never fails, even with no effort. He has to and people clearly know why that is.

When the king falls, his kingdom falls too.

"Jungkook" he turned his head a little to the back to the voice, to see you closing the door behind you.

"It's late already. Why didn't you sleep?" he asked and you walked towards him.

"Why didn't you sleep?" you asked and he sighed.

Reaching the place he was standing, you hugged him from behind slowly by wrapping your arms around his waist.

You rested your head against his back and stared at the city lights with him.

He held your hands which were around his waist and you pecked his back.

"You didn't have your dinner" you told and he ran his fingers through his hair. "What is it this time?" you asked.

"Some weapons in our warehouse" he said.

"About who it is?" you asked and he shook his head.

"The one who took them are other gangs and the police" he said. "It's someone else who give them the information" he finished.

"Any idea about who it might be?" you asked as one of your hands loosened his tie.

He came form the headquarters to home, and headed straight to the office. His blazer has already been removed when he came home.

His hair side parted and cuffs rolled up to his biceps, while the veins on his arms were visible.

He turned around and you proceeded removing his tie.

"You have something in your mind, right?" he asked as you removed his tie, walking back to place it on his table.

"Namjoon said that Minho managed to escape. Who else could it be then?" you asked and turned back to face him. "It's not like he's trying to get the position. He wants a payback" you said as you walked back to your former position.

Facing him, you placed your hand on his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

Tugging a strand of hair behind your ear, he smiled lightly.

"Let's go have dinner together" he said.

"And what makes you think that I have not yet had my dinner?" you asked with a half mocking smile.

"Because I know" he said and you smiled as you pecked the tip of his nose.

"You know me too well" you said as he cupped your cheek, caressing it while his other hand was still wrapped around your waist, colliding your body with his.

"Let's go" he said and you nodded.

Fifteen minutes later~

"Tada~" you said while handing him the cup of ramyun.

Jungkook chuckled as he got it from you.

Taking yours, you jumped and sat on the kitchen counter, beside him.

The maids already left to the staff quarters. Jungkook insisted on calling them.

But you denied by telling him that they need their beauty sleep and you want to cook, the first time for him. Though it's only ramyun.

Taking the chopsticks, he started eating his noodles as he kept looking at you eating your noodles while sitting with crossed legs on the counter.

"Great, right?" you asked while looking at him.

Chuckling silently, he nodded.

"I must say that you need a talent to pick the correct packet. You have that talent which is the reason the ramyun tastes good now. So, not bad" he said and you huffed while looking at your noodles.

"You're jealous that I'm good at this" you said and turned back to face him.

Your face resembling an angry kitten which was trying to be a tiger now. That's how innocent you are at times.

"Just wait, Mr.Jeon Jeonlous, I'm gonna prepare a feast one day and everyone will be bragging about my food" you said and continued eating his noodles.

"That's mine" he said as he watched you chewing down his noodles.

You handed him your cup of noodles, gesturing him to eat it instead.

Getting it, he continued eating the noodles.

Meanwhile~

"Mr.Choi" the middle aged man, also one of his most trusted men called him.

"Mr.Shin" Minho said as he looked up to the door. "Come in" he told and the middle aged man entered.

Taking a seat as he was gestured to, he looked at Minho.

"I want you to collect the information about this person. She grew up in an orphanage I once stayed in" Minho said as he placed a file on the table.

"There aren't any pictures of her, I want to know where she is and how she is right now" he said and the man nodded, before heading to the door.

"And I want her safe" Minho added in an almost threatening voice again and the middle aged man nodded again as he felt shivers run down his spine.

The man left the room and Minho leaned back on his chair.

"I'll find you, Love" he said to himself. "I'll find you and buy you fish sticks before marrying you. Just like you said" he said and smiled to himself.

Chuckling a little, he kept thinking, "I'm sure that she would still be as beautiful as ever."

"I can't wait for us to be together again, Jaehwa" he mumbled and stared outside the window like a love-struck puppy.

Love doesn't hurt. Expectations do.