37.Returning the favor

Author's pov

"Baby" Jungkook called for you as he entered the dark bedroom.

It had been a week since Jaehwa left you all.

Jennie and you always refused to eat, sleep or even get out of your rooms.

But Taehyung somehow convinced her to at least eat on time properly.

While Jungkook, he always manages to spend time with you.

You even skipped all your meals for three days straight, not ready to let yourself just get there like nothing happened.

The others always try to make you eat as it was the least they could do.

But you refuse everything blankly and just stay inside your room.

Maybe, sometimes you eat, as Jungkook feeds you and you don't want to go against him.

You'd refuse to sleep. But again, Jungkook himself pillows you with his lap and pats you to sleep.

Now again, here you were. Sitting on the floor, leaning your back against the bed as you stared at the dark curtains while your head was leaned against the nightstand. The same position Jungkook saw you hours before.

Your eyes still blank as you stared at nowhere.

Removing his blazer and placing it on the couch, Jungkook walked forward.

He opened the curtains, letting the evening sunlight fill the darkness of the room.

He walked towards the bed and sat down beside you who was blankly staring out of the window.

He was worried that you'd lose yourself after seeing that you did not even shed a single drop of tear all these days.

When you are on the verge of crying but try to hold back your tears, the sympathetic nervous system speeds up your heart rate and the contractions of your heart muscle.

Jungkook wanted you to let out all your emotions. But you didn't.

Wrapping an arm around your shoulder, he slowly pulled you closer and you leaned your head on his chest.

Taking your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours, he softly kissed the back of your hand.

"Did you eat your lunch?" he asked and you slowly shook your head as a no.

He caressed your hand with his thumb as he sighed.

Reaching for the phone in his pocket, he called someone.

"Bring Y/n her lunch" he said and hung up the call.

A few minutes later, the door opened as a middle aged maid entered.

She placed the tray of food beside Jungkook and left the room immediately.

Taking a piece of the tteokbokki with the chopsticks, Jungkook held it in front of your mouth.

You looked at him for the first time after he entered the room. You stared at his eyes which were worried for you.

Not wanting to put pressure on him, you slowly opened your mouth.

He placed the food inside your mouth and you started chewing it slowly.

He slightly smiled as you accepted the food.

As he continued the same gesture, you finally finished eating everything in the bowl.

He held the glass in front of your mouth as you drank the water in it.