22.Lights and lasers

"Which door?" you asked Jennie as soon as you and Jaehwa reached the terrace.

"The one at your back" Jennie replied.

You walked towards the door and opened it casually.

"You got a dozen guards to your right" you heard Jennie say.

"I'll get them," Jaehwa said as she moved to the right side.

"Y/n, get to the floor and walk straight through the corridor" Jennie said.

"No men over there?" you asked.

"No, artificial intelligence" she said and you nodded because you know that she could see you through the cameras on the floor.

"Well, silent" you commented after looking around the floor. Not a soul in sight. "Guess this is gonna be boring".

"The door right in front of you" she said and you pressed your thumb against the fingerprint scanner on the door.

It opened automatically after letting out a beep sound with green light,

The door closed behind you as you entered the room. There were no cameras here, only the one in your suit.

"The vault at the other end of the room" Namjoon said through the earpiece.

"This shouldn't be this easy" you said while taking out a knife and throwing it across the room.

When you did so, the knife got slit into pieces and started burning. A new technology of burning because of a chemical.

"Lasers" you said. "Now this is what I call a mission".

"You want me to turn off the weapon system?" Yoongi asked.

"Nah, not needed," you said while stretching your limbs. "This is my favorite part" you said while stepping upon the rigid door handle and jumping up to the ceiling.

Iron bars ran like a grid on the ceiling, so you could hold on to them easily.

"Jennie" you called for her.

"The lasers keep moving across the room," she said. "That's all you need to know".

She finished and you locked your legs on the grid.

You let your hands go and swung to the next bar.

Now, you let your legs fall and stopped there.

"You got one coming," Jennie warned.

"I know" you said and made a 180 degree in the air.

You swung to the next grid.

"Can you see anything else? It's totally dark down here" you said to Jennie.

"No," Jennie said. "There aren't any cameras inside this room, your suit cam is our only eye".

"I've to start my workout routine again," you sighed. "I don't have my usual explosiveness," you said and could hear Jennie chuckling.

You jumped down to the floor after making sure that you've passed all the lasers.

"Crap," you hissed in pain as soon as you landed on the floor.

"What happened?" you could clearly hear Jungkook's worried voice.

"Old school tricks," you chuckled. "Bear trap."

"Are you okay?" Jennie asked.

"Yeah, nothing to worry," you said, luckily for now, it didn't bleed, making the floor bloody and leaving behind evidence.

"A couple of stitches would do. But I should leave before it starts bleeding. Don't wanna leave behind the genetic structure of my blood," you said while getting rid of the bear trap by throwing it out of a small window in the room, which can be seen only from inside.

"Jaehwa, get the bear trap from the ground before leaving," you said and she responded.

"On it" she assured.

You hacked into the vault, just when you were about to open it-

"Princess, you got company" Jaehwa said through the earpiece.

Before you could reply to her, gunshots echoed across the room.

"Companions" you mumbled under your breath. What fools? They just walked through without precaution. Each one of them got sliced and then burnt.

You just stood there and was about to take the pen drive. Again, a gunshot echoed across the room but reached your shoulder.

"What the....." you looked at your shoulder and then the man who was holding a gun. "Did you just put a hole in my felicitous jacket which I spent weeks searching for and months begging for to that girl?"

You wanted to end him right there and you did.

"Get out of there," Jungkook said. "There are more coming."

"Get the pen drive-" Jennie was cut off.

"That's not needed," Jungkook said. He only wanted you back home without any more wounds.

You climbed back to the terrace and held on to a wire with the diameter of eight centimeters, thick enough for you to hold.

With that used as a rope, you literally jumped thirty floors to the ground without breaking your legs.

You saw lights shimming from here and there.

"Jaehwa, go the other way" you said as you got on your bike.

(And then in the video)

You got dropped in the water and you didn't even try to swim.

When you felt like choking on the water along with the other wounds, someone swam towards you.

It was Jaehwa. She pulled your hand and swam to the shore.

You both lied on the ground after getting out of the water.

Panting while staring at the sky.

"I told you to go the other way" you scolded her for not doing as you said.

"Thank you" she smiled with mockery. "It is my privilege to save your life".

"Whatever" you said and rolled your eyes. "Did you get rid of that bear trap? It had stains of my blood," you asked.

If they did a test on whose blood it was, it'd become easier for the police or the other gangs to search for you.

"Yeah, wiped the blood clean and came here to throw it in the water," she said and you nodded.

You laid there with eyes closed for a few minutes.

"Paboya" Jaehwa muttered. "We've to treat your wounds" she said after noticing the bullet wound in your shoulder.

You sighed, "Let's go home."