46.Deranged

An hour later~

All the members were gathered in the basement as Minho said.

Every single person who belonged to his gang was in the basement now, standing in rows.

"I'm sure that you all know who Kang Jaehwa is," Minho said and the men answered 'yes' in unison.

Minho smiled, a dark one.

"And also how she was killed" he said and a man stepped in front.

"It was my ploy, sir" he said and Minho walked towards him.

"Very well, what a cunning mind you have" Minho said as he placed a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Every other men too played a part in the plan, Mr.Choi" the man said. "It made the situation perfect to kill her" he said, thinking that their leader was give them a compliment or reward.

Minho chuckled silently and patted the man's shoulder before walking out of the basement, muttering to himself. "With these men, no wonder my father died."

Locking in all the men inside the basement, he walked to the control room of his headquarters.

He watched through the computers, all the men confused at why their leader left them locked inside the basement.

No one else was outside the basement, except for him. Not even his most trusted men.

He was like a deranged tiger, which he is now.

Taking his place on one of the chairs, he opened the computer windows.

Typing a few codes, he looked back to the computer screen which showed his men who were still in a daze.

His heart weakened as Jaehwa's face flashed in his mind.

Slightly clenching his jaw, Minho hit the enter key.

As soon as he did that, a kind of gas started to get released into the basement from what looked like fire sprinklers on the ceiling.

They were not fire sprinklers on the ceiling. But devices that emit hydrogen sulfide.

A colorless chalcogen hydride gas with the characteristic foul odor of rotten eggs. Poisonous, corrosive, and flammable. Immediate loss of consciousness. Death is rapid, sometimes immediate.

The computer screen showed his men trying to break down the door to get out.

The door which was the only way to get out cannot be broken down and the passcodes have been hacked by Minho.

It was not even less than a minute when all the men started falling down on the floor unconsciously in bunches.

"Boomerang" Minho muttered with a half smirk on his lips, as he looked at the computer screen with cold-blooded eyes.

The dark hid his Love and stole her away.
Death kept her inside of her grave, away from him.
She taught him how to love,
But not how to stop.
And now, he cannot be stopped.

The evening~

"There's not a single soul in sight" Jimin said as he looked at Yoongi's computer screen which displayed the live goings of the Chois' headquarters.

"Where the hell did they go?" Hoseok asked. "The place looks like it's a zombie apocalypse" he muttered.

You tried calling Minho's number again, but the phone was switched off.

Giving up on trying, you concentrated on something else.

Looking at your phone, you scoffed in disbelief.

"You've to be kidding me" you muttered and Jennie looked at you.

"What happened?" Jennie asked and Jungkook turned his head to look at you too.

You showed them a message you just got from a new number.

'These plastic explosives can blow up my father's favorite bridge' the message read, sent along with a picture of C4 plastic explosives.

"He's going to blow up a bridge," Jennie said.

"But which one?" Jin asked. "You have a lot of bridges in Seoul," he added.

"Minho's mother used to love this bridge. She'd go there every weekend with Minho's father until she died" Jennie said. "Jaehwa mentioned it to me" she mumbled, trying to remember the name.

"But why would he want to blow up his parents' favorite bridge?" Hoseok asked.

"He found out about Jaehwa" you low-key said.

"He must have found out that it was his father who did that" Jennie continued.

She laughed a little at the end in a matter of fact, "He hates his father now" she said.

"Does Minho know how to swim?" Taehyung asked an inconsequential which would later be of use.

"As long as we know, he doesn't" Jennie said.

"I'll go along with Jimin and Namjoon to check the place" Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded.

With that, Taehyung left the house to the Chois' headquarters along with Jimin and Namjoon.

After a series of recalling everything that Jaehwa mentioned when she talked about Minho, it clicked your mind.

"Banpo Bridge" you finally let out.

Taehyung's pov

We three entered the headquarters which seemed to be empty like it had been abandoned.

Jimin was on the rooftop of the next building, his sniper mode turned on as Namjoon hyung came with me.

The hallways were empty and only the sound of our footsteps could be heard.

We still had our guns with us, in case there's an attack. It may seem foolish for two people to walk alone in someone else's mafia headquarters.

But it'd be pathetic of them to do that. So, we just know.

Namjoon hyung opened the door to the control room finally, only to find it empty like the other places.

I was checking the place when I felt someone call me.

"V" Namjoon hyung called me by my nickname and I turned to him.

I followed his eyes to see him looking at the computer screen.

Looking at the screen, I walked closer.

"He's demented" I mumbled while looking at the screen.

"I'll call Jungkook and inform him about the situation," Namjoon hyung said.

"No, hyung. I'll do it" I said. "You look into the computers for anything else" I told and he nodded as I made a call to Jungkook.