three

Naruko let out a playful chuckle. "Sorry guys. Did I surprise you by my real self?"

"Thi--This is the  real you?!" Kiba questioned with disbelieving tone.

"You're actually a girl?" Shikamaru questioned, standing in front of the blonde.

Naruko smiled prettily. "Yes, this is real me! I'm actually a girl, though I've been disguising as a boy for the whole time."

So the loud-mouthed, orange-wearing Naruto was actually a girl!

"Let me faint.. For few minutes." Then Shino sprawled over his desk.

"Kami-sama.. Come here. We need to talk." Shaking his head Shikamaru led Naruto to the seat. The other kids silently gathered around them, except for Sasuke and a few girls. Sasuke merely stared at Naruto from his seat.

"So you're really a girl, and was just pretending to be a hyperactive boy this whole time?"

"Yeah" Naruko nodded, her crystal blue eyes twinkling. "But you had recognized me, I'm actually glad, you know."

Shikamaru blinked, his cheeks beginning to turn into crimson

Watching Akamaru jumping onto Naruto's laps Kiba murmured. "Well... Naruto, I think I like this new you."

Naruko giggled. "Thank you, Kiba--and it's Naruko now" she smiled sweetly. "And no need to act any different... I'm still me"

"Yeah! Naruko-chan is still our friend!" Chouji cheered, only to earn a smack on the head from someone behind.

"That's for sure, baka!"

"AWW!"

"All right class settle down settle down." Iruka called as he entered the classroom. Soon the chuunin was welcomed by a flood of questions.

"Iruka-sensei! Is Naruto really a girl called Naruko? "

"Did you already know that, sensei?!"

"Why was she hiding herself?!"

Iruka looked over the kids, then let out a sigh. "Well yes our Naruto is actually a girl and will now be called Naruko, as she requested, and as you can see it clearly she had to be under disguise by Hokage-sama's order. You know, girls are exposed to more dangers than boys"

The girls nodded in agreement.

"But now," Grinning Iruka gazed down at the kids. "Since she became an official ninja, she doesn't have to put disguise anymore! Now back to your seats!"

When the class had settled down he started speaking again.

"First of all congratulations to all of you. Starting today you are all official ninjas. The results for genin exam are here: Top 1. Uzumaki Naruko, Top 2. Uchiha Sasuke. Top 3. Nara Shikamaru.."

"Wait, sensei, is Naruko the top 1?" The kids became wide-eyed once again.

"Yes, which took me by surprise"

Eyeing on Naruko Iruka nodded. He could not understand how Naruko managed to take the test so easily. Perhaps it's related with the blonde's gender-change..? He could not answer yet.