Twenty six

Naruko felt pain in her entire body

She coughed desperately, trying to expel the poison. She felt the venom in her throat, and clutched at it futilely. Screaming in her head, wishing the Kyuubi was there to heal him...

Wait...him?

Then as if her soul was sucked out of her..his..body, she was standing over her former body. The body of Naruto

Standing numbly she watched Naruto collapse on the floor. Reaching to the people around him, his face started to change shades from its normal tan to a startling vermillion.

And Sakura was watching him, her green eyes filled with tears. Looking into them, Naruko and Naruto noticed how regret and rage were battling it out before she settled on her anger. She stepped away from him, folding her arms in contempt. Lifting her nose in disdain, she turned around completely.

"It's your fault, it's because of you! You made all of this happen. Why, why did you do this, why did you turn me into the bad guy?!" Sakura yelled, whipping around to land her piercing gaze on his prone form.

Sai was staring at the scene, his frame shaking, and his eyes filling with wetness. Touching the liquid in confusion, he quickly wiped it away and disregarded it. Though his eyes held no emotion, there was a small flicker of sadness that was soon overshadowed by blank disinterest.

Before Naruto succumbed to his inevitable fate, he heard his final words ever.

"I hope you suffer in hell, you monster! This is all YOUR FAULT!"

*

And then Naruko woke up with a gasp. She was in Sasuke and Kakashi's room. The boys decided it was better she didn't sleep with Sakura and let her have their room. She asked where they would be sleeping, but Sasuke told her not to worry about them and to have a good night.

A good night. Right. She didn't think she'd dream of THAT memory but as luck would have it she did, it seems her fight with Sakura triggered some memories from her past life. "I need some air" she thought, leaving the room through the window. The moon's silver beam was the only light she had but thanks to her heightened senses she didn't find any trouble with the dark

Her eyes could see very clearly the trees surrounding them. Her nose could smell the critters nearby and the damp grass. Letting her instincts take over, she took off running, jumping on tree branches and propelling herself forward, she closed her eyes and allowed a content smile on her face as she flew into the air, before she lands on another thick branch

She stopped when she came upon a lake. It's water was shimmering under the glow of the moon, reminding Naruko of glowing crystals. She jumped off the tree branch she was on and landed on the ground as silent as a breeze. The blonde began taking off her pajamas until she was just in her underwear.

Then, the girl took a running start and jumped into the water. When she emerged, she laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and slammed her fist against the water creating splashes.

"I wish I could share this moment with someone" she said to herself, laying on her back, relaxing her body and then letting herself start floating around the lake.