thirty nine

When Naruko was on her way home, she passed by an alley way and paused, she heard sobbing coming from the alley. She frowned and entered the alley trying to look for the source of the sobbing

On the other side, hiding behind some garbage, was the same man who harassed her at the restaurant the other day, only this time he had a bandaged eye and a cast on his arm. She blinked when he looked up and she saw his lone eye widen in fear at the sight of her

She stepped back in shock when he started crawling towards her, crying and reaching a single arm to her "I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! MAKE THE NIGHTMARES STOP!" he screamed, furious tears running down his haggard face. "I'M SORRY FOR WHAT I DID! I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN! PLEASE MAKE THE NIGHTMARES STOP!"

Naruko bolted out of the alley way and ran to her apartment, she collided against someone and fell on her back.

"Naruko?"

She looked up and saw Kakashi. "Sen...Sensei" she said with a gasp and stood up. "Where did you come from?" He asked worriedly "you look as if you've seen a ghost hehe"

"I saw the man who harassed me at the restaurant yesterday, he was in an alley with bandages all over him, and he looked crazy!" she explained. "When he saw me he started screaming, begging me to stop his nightmares or something!"

"Oh" was all Kakashi managed to say.

"Oh?" Naruko frowned. "Why is that all you can say?"

"Naruko I bought you groceries again, how about we cook dinner together?" He suggested with a close eye smile.

Naruko frowned but nodded and agreed.

She led Kakashi to her apartment and once inside the two started preparing for supper. The two worked in sync, their bodies knowing each other quite well. Kakashi chopped and sliced while Naruko handed ingredients, then they passed each other spices and sauce

When they finished making dinner Naruko brought up the man again. Kakashi sighed "I was hoping you'd never find out. Naruko, can't you just drop it? I mean he got what he deserves"

"Aha! So you HAVE something to do with what happened to that man!" She smirked at having caught him. Kakashi sighed and shrugged "Yes, I did. I placed him under a genjutsu that would give him nightmares of the worst kind every night" he said this nonchalantly. "But it looked to me like you did more than just 'give him nightmares' sensei" Naruko said.

"I might have...roughed him up a bit" Kakashi continues acting nonchalant. "Broke his arm and leg"

Naruko was quiet as she ate dinner. Before finally looking back at Kakashi whose been staring at her for the past couple of minutes. "Thank you Kakashi-sensei"

"He deserved it" Kakashi said strongly. "Do you feel bad Naru? If you do, don't"

"I don't feel bad" Naruko answered with a small smile. As if she could ever feel bad to a piece of trash like that. "I'm just shaken up, I know what you're capable of sensei, but seeing it with my own eyes..and you sound and act perfectly calm!"

"Maah, you'll get used to it" Kakashi chuckled. Naruko smiled a small smile, acting nervous. "Yeah"

Ohhh the things she can make Kakashi-sensei do for her.

*

The next day, Naruko Sakura and Sasuke stood at the bridge waiting for their enigmatic teacher. Sakura groaned and paced back and forth "Well?!" She glared at Naruko "Where is he?! He's the one who said to meet here at 7! I skipped breakfast for this!"

"You always skip breakfast, that's why you're always hungry" Naruko said with a sigh.

"Shut up" Sakura snapped.