sixteen

It has been a few days since Naruko's little request for a more action packed mission. And today they, team seven, will be getting what they've always wanted.

Kakashi entered the Hokage's office, calling a loud "Yo!"

"Oh Kakashi you're, surprisingly early" Sarutobi smiled in surprise.

"Is this our client?" Kakashi asked ignoring the not-so-subtle jab from the Hokage.

"Yeah, I'm Tazuna" the old man in work worn clothes said as he took a swig from a jug. "So you're Kakashi? I thought you'd be taller!"

Shrugging nonchalantly Kakashi pulled out his book and began to read.

"Don't let him fool you Tazuna. Kakashi is one of my best" Sarutobi said

"Alright then lets get going, we have a long ways to go" Without another word the old man turned around and walked out the door. After Nodding at Sarutobi Kakashi followed him outside the door.

Together the two walked through the streets of Konoha.

As they approached the gate Kakashi was pleased to see the gate still empty. He'd have time to read his book.

For five minutes Kakashi resumed his happy reading, perched on the flat stone beside the gate. And Tazuna waited patiently. The elder man thought of talking with the jounin, but upon glancing over the book the youth was reading Tazuna quickly brushed the thoughts away.

"So the famous copy-ninja is a pervert" Sighing the client put out two glass bottles and handed one to the jounin. "Here you go"

"Ah, thank you."

Then the silence resumed again.

Kakashi was too absorbed by his precious books that he didn't notice a certain blonde approaching near.

"Hey, is that one of your students?" Tazuna asked, happy to break the silence.

Kakashi immediately closed his book as Naruko carelessly sat beside him and took a juice bottle from his hand. "Heh, it's orange juice"

"..Yeah" Rolling his eyes Kakashi replied. "I like orange juice"

Naruko beamed before taking sips of juice as she rested her head against the jounin's arm comfortably. "Really? But I'm gonna drink this all, heh" she felt him stiffen against her, obviously not expecting her to lean against him, but he soon relaxed.

"Cute little girl" Tazuna commented.

"Are you our client?" Naruko asked for the first time paying some attention to the old man.

"That's right" he responded. The blonde then moved her attention back to the silverette beside her.

"Sensei have you eaten your breakfast?" Cocking her head upward the kunoichi questioned.

Kakashi gulped "Ermm, well I guess no, I haven't"

"Why do you put 'I guess' there?" Tazuna snorted rather comically. The two ignored him however. Making a close eye-smile Kakashi looked down at the golden head "What about you?"