forty five

"I sense your bloodlust" Kurama said with a dark chuckle. "Will you make this quick?"

"Hmm, maybe. I could just just...rip his heart out slowly and dramatically" Naruko thinks licking her lips. Sasuke's eyes shifted from Naruko to the enemy ninja. He was sensing something...off about Naruko. Her smile showed off her teeth, and they looked like they sharpened a bit. Her ocean blue eyes changed to orange, and they had a hungry look in them. "Naruko?" He asked uncertainly.

Naruko looked over at her teammates, Sakura was shaking like a leaf, Sasuke looked uncertain but determined. Smiling a predatory smile she suddenly hugged Sasuke and pressed her lips against his cheek. "Leave her to me, I don't want you to watch this" she said sweetly. Sasuke was confused but also spellbound, it was like he couldn't bring himself to deny her.

"Take Sakura and go, I'll meet with you after I dealt with this" Naruko instructed handing Sasuke the scroll. Sasuke looked like he wanted to argue, but one look from Naruko and he was grabbing Sakura by the back of her shirt and leaping to the tree branches.

"Don't get killed Dobe!" Sasuke shouted to hide his worry. Naruko flashed him a smile before returning her attention to their problem. The kunoichi was smiling predatorily at her. "You sent your teammates away leaving you alone to fight with me? I don't know if you're either smart or stupid" she chuckled.

Suddenly the kunoichi began doing familiar hand signs. But Naruko acted much quicker, she appeared right in front of the Kunoichi and landed a VERY solid punch to her neck, another to the stomach, and then next was a scratch across her face with her elongated nails that right now resembled claws.

Naruko couldn't help but let out a dark laugh as she continued her onslaught of attacks, never leaving any room for her enemy to fight back. She was too fast with her movements and too strong with her blows.

Meanwhile, Sasuke had left Sakura on a branch and told her to stay still. "S-Sasuke-kun! Where are you going?! Don't tell me you're going to leave me here and go back to Naruko!" Sakura cried fearfully clutching his arms. "I have to go back, she needs my help" Sasuke said trying to remove her hands from him.

"She's strong! She can fight on her own, she can handle herself! Please don't leave me Sasuke-kun" Sakura threw herself around Sasuke and openly cried. Sasuke was annoyed at Sakura's state. What kind of ninja was she? She couldn't fight, she couldn't defend herself, all she does is cry, whine, or run away.

"Sakura!" Sasuke snapped pushing her off him. "I'm going back" he said strongly. "And I'm trusting you with this" he took out the scroll from his jacket pocket and handed it to her. "Gaurd it with your life" he ordered, causing Sakura to gulp.

With hesitant hands, Sakura took the scroll from Sasuke and clutched it tightly.  Without a backward glance, Sasuke started making his way back to Naruko, leaving Sakura standing alone on the branch holding the scroll.

*

Naruko was grinning maliciously. Her hair had become shaggier and grown longer, almost reaching her knees. Two red fox tails swished behind her, and a pair of red fox ears were on her head. Naruko had her hand inside her enemy's chest, she had punched a hole through them and was now clutching their heart.

Her enemy's face was peeling off to reveal a very familiar pale face she so despised in her past life. "Awwe....Orochimaru, didn't expect things would end like this didn't you?" She chuckled darkly as she very slowly retracted her hand.

Orochimaru's eyes were gauged out. The eyeballs were squashed on the floor under her shoes. She smiled and giggled as she pulled out Orochimaru's heart and tossed it in the air like a toy, before catching it in her hand again.

"Well that was, surprisingly easy. And fun too, who knew torturing the pedophilic bastard would have been a REALLY enjoyable endeavor!" She laughed and twirled around, kicking the limp body away from her.

"That's one person off my hit list, hmm...who's next?"

"Naru"

She froze when she heard Sasuke's voice behind her. "Oh shit" she thought panicked. She spun around and saw Sasuke standing there wide eyed, face paler than usual as he took in the carnage around him. He set his sights on the bloody body on the floor, the large hole on their chest, their gauged eyes

Then to Naruko's form. Her demonic appearance, the heart in her hand.

"Shit shit shit he looks fucking terrified!" She thought. "Don't worry, this won't ruin his vision of you as an angelic little blonde princess" the kyuubi piped up, amused. "You're a ninja, killing enemies is part of the job"

"But he's never seen me look like a psycho before! Come on admit it I look like a PSYCHOPATH!"

"Then cry"

"What?!"

"Start crying, remember when the pink haired bitch lost your sensei's respect during your mission at Tazuna's house? It was because they saw you crying, and thought SHE had done something absolutely terrible to you"

Naruko started sniffling, tears gathering in her eyes and she began visibly shaking. "Sasuke..oh no, don't look at me!" She cried covering her face with her hands.

Sasuke took a hesitant step forward. "Naruko" he said softly

"No no stay back! Turn around! I don't want you seeing me this way" Naruko sobbed. "It was a harsh battle, she was winning, but then something in me took over and I blacked out, then..then..." She gestured to their surroundings. The broken trees, the bloodied ground, her bloody hands, the corpse on the floor.

"I think everyone was right about me, I think Sakura was right about me, I'm a demon!" She dropped to her knees and started crying loudly. Sasuke gathered her in his arms, placing his chin on top of her head. "Naruko, Naru listen to me shh..." He said gently as he rocked them back and forth

"He fell for it" Kurama chuckled.

"You're not a demon, how could you be? You're too kind" Sasuke said wiping away her tears. "Well look at him being a prince charming" Kurama said sarcastically. "Shut up you damned furball!" Naruko hissed in her mind.

"B-but I did this" Naruko pressed herself against him. "I didn't even planned to kill her, I just wanted to maybe incapacitate her and leave her knocked out so she wouldn't be able to chase after us. And yet I ended up killing her!"

"Naruko she was the enemy. She planned to kill us to get our scroll. If you didn't kill her, it would have been us who are reduced to corpses" Sasuke stroked her hair gently. "You did good Naruko, you saved us. I'm sorry if I can't offer you any more comfort, I'm not good at this, but I'm trying"

"It's..alright" Naruko wiped away her tears and stood up. Sasuke looked so worried for her it made her feel a little bad for lying to him. "Thanks Sasu" she kissed his cheek, just to tease him. Sasuke turned red and began stammering, this caused Naruko to laugh.

"Alright! Let's get back to Sakura" Naruko said taking Sasuke's hand and running off.

"You make a wonderful actress. That means you make a terrific liar"

"You could have just left it at the wonderful actress part" Naruko scoffed.