thirty two

Naruko sat on the bed, twirling a kunai in one hand as she hums. Tomorrow is a big day

*

Sasuke woke up slowly the next morning. He rubbed his eyes and looked around, he was in the living room. He stood up and fixed his bed, before looking around the house, frowning when he found no one. Where was everyone?

Going outside he found Tsunami just about to enter the house. "Good morning" he said "Where is everyone?"

Tsunami smiled "Your teammates are with my father. Naruko insisted on letting you sleep in today, said you deserved it"

"Oh" Sasuke said, before rushing inside and changing into new clothes, before running to the village. "Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" Tsunami called after him. "No thank you!" Sasuke called back, the woman shook her head fondly

*

Naruko looked down at the men lying on the floor, unmoving. Tazuna was shocked, as he went around checking to see if anyone was alright. "What happened?!" He yells

Naruko looked over at Kakashi who looked deep in thought, and Sakura who looked afraid

She reached inside her pocket and held a kunai

*

"Inari give me a hand!" Tsunami shouted. "Inari!"

"I'm coming!" Inari shouted. He was sweating nervously as he clutched the Kunai Naruko gave him in his pocket, outside the house stood two of Gato's men

"Naruko-neechan where are you? I can't do this" he thought desperately

*

Naruko stood beside Kakashi as mist arose. She could tell Kakashi was worried for their safety "silly man, I can handle myself, he shouldn't have to worry too much"

"Sakura get into position! They're coming!" Naruko ordered the shaking pinkette who nervously took on a fighting stance. "Did you have to wait too long Kakashi?" Zabuza's voice echoed across the fog. "I see you've got those little girls with you Kakashi...she's still trembling, poor thing, she's paralyzed!"

"I-I'm not scared!" Sakura yelled, before making an 'eep' sound when Zabuza showed up. Well, four of them. Naruko smirked "Come at us! We'll take you on! Even with our eyes blindfolded!"

Kakashi smiled behind his mask. "Do it Naruko"

One Zabuza stormed towards them, but was cut in half in mere seconds. The other Zabuzas followed in the first Zabuza's downfall, with Naruko landing on her feet with a fierce look.

"Well well this little blonde's quite something eh? Talent and beauty" the real Zabuza said as he walked toward them with Haku. "What do you think of her Haku?"

Haku remained silent

*

Back at Tazuna's house, the door was destroyed by Gato's men. Tsunami looked at them, shocked as they casually entered the house. "Are you Tazuna's daughter?" One of them asked "Sorry but you'll have to come with us"

"S-she's not going anywhere with you!" Inari yelled

"Inari run!" Tsunami yelled, helplessly dropping to the floor. One of the men glared down at the quivering boy "Beat it brat, or should we take you too?"

"One hostage is fine. Shall we just kill him?" The other one pulled out his sword. Inari gritted his teeth and whips out his Kunai, stabbing one of them by the knee. He pulled out his kunai and watched the man curse and clutch his bleeding knee "AH! you little brat! You'll pay for that!"

"Don't touch us! If you EVEN DARE try to take me or my mom away, I'LL KILL YOU!" Inari screams brandishing his kunai as he stood protectively over his mother "You hear me?! I'll kill you! I'm not afraid of you! I'll kill you if you come near us!"

The two men kept attempting to come towards them but Inari managed to give them several cuts across their arms and legs

However it was no use. In the end Inari was slammed against the wall and Tsunami was tied up and carried away. The small child, tears of pain in his eyes from the impact and the loss of his mother crawled to the door, crying. "Naruko-nee, you're wrong, I don't have the will of fire"

He stood up and looked at his shaking hands. Memories of his family flashed before his eyes, then Naruko's words rang in his head.

"The will of fire is strong in you, I can tell. You just don't see it yet, when the time comes to protect your loved one you can use this" she had told him when she gave him the kunai

"Naruko-nee"  he wiped his tears. "Can I also become strong?" He narrowed his eyes as new determination lit inside him

*

Naruko's kunai's and Haku's senbons clashed against each other. Naruko grinned cheekily "Had enough?" She teased. Haku didn't respond and instead went for the offense again

She leaped into the air and summoned five shadow clones to overwhelm Haku

Zabuza watched the fight with interest "What an interesting girl" he thought

"Sakura you stay here and protect Tazuna, and don't move away from me!" Kakashi ordered. "Let Naruko deal with Haku"

"Right!" Sakura nodded and stood in front of Tazuna

As Naruko and Haku fought the boy couldn't help but be distracted, mesmerized by her movements and the intensity of her eyes. He didn't want to kill her "Back down" he said "I don't want to kill you, your death is unnecessary"

"Not a chance sweetheart" Naruko responded throwing her hair back and wiping away a dirt that got to her face. Haku's heart ached. She was just so....

"Where are you Sasuke?!" Naruko screams in her head

*

"GIVE HER BACK!" Inari screams as he runs after the two men who kidnapped his mother, Kunai in hand.

"Let's make this quick" one of the men said already brandishing his sword. They swung and cut something

Inari's sliced hat fell to the ground. The men looked around confused and saw a tree stump sliced in half. "I can't tell if you're stupid or suicidal kid" Sasuke said landing with Inari held by him. "S-Sasuke!" Inari looked at him, genuinely happy to see the boy he was usually arguing with for Naruko's attention

"You did a good job kid, thanks to your distraction I managed to save your mom" Sasuke said glaring fiercely at the thugs. "Well" one of Gato's men glared back at them "Another ninja brat..let's kill them and get this over with"

"Sure thing"

Inari paled and stood up, holding out his Kunai. Sasuke clicked his tongue and stood in front of the kid "You've done enough" he said seriously.

The men ran forward to attack, but Sasuke threw shuriken at them, the men easily avoided the blades and laughed at his poor aim. Sasuke smirked. Then, three other Sasukes appeared behind the men, landing on their backs and sending them on the ground, their mouths filled with dirt.

Sasuke made quick work with them, tying the two with ninja wire to a tree. Inari cheered for him "You were so cool Sasuke-nii! No wonder Naruko-nee likes you so much"

Sasuke blushed but smirked "She's always liked me, but thanks" 

Inari huffed. "I think she likes me more" he muttered

"In your dreams kid" Sasuke remarked. "Anyway, those two won't be waking up for a long time, and even when they do the ninja wire I used is incredibly strong so they won't be breaking out of it. I need to go check on my teammates at the bridge" Sasuke said looking at Inari seriously. "Are you going to be ok on your own?"

"I will be" Inari nodded determinedly

"Good" Sasuke ran off to the direction of the bridge, worry in his mind for his blonde teammate