fifty two

After breakfast, the two cleaned up together. The two washed the dishes together, occasionally splashing each other with soapy water, exchanging laughter and smiles. Sasuke felt happy. Being with her, sharing a meal with her, cleaning the dishes together, it felt so right, it felt domestic and he wanted this to be an everyday thing.

"Well with her moving in with me, it WILL be an everyday thing" he thought. "I'll give her the room next to mine"

After they were done with the dishes, Sasuke offered to help her pack her belongings. "No it's fine, I can handle it" Naruko said. "You've got a lot of stuff though" Sasuke pointed out. "It might take you all morning to clear this place out"

"No it won't, because I have a handy jutsu to help out. Shadow clone jutsu!" She summoned four clones of herself and had them clearing out the apartment.

"Huh, that's convenient" Sasuke muses. "I know, this is one of the reasons why shadow clone jutsu is my favorite, it's handy with chores" Naruko bragged. "And they make great company too, for whenever I'm lonely" she added as an afterthought.

Sasuke pictured Naruko playing games with her shadow clones, or eating with her clones, or having her clones choose an outfit for her. He found this cute, but also a little bit sad. "Well she has me to keep her company now, I could do all those stuff for her" he muses

Thirty minutes later all of Naruko's clothes, personal belongings, toiletries and other knickknacks were packed away in boxes.

"Alright guess I'm ready to go" Naruko says.

"What's going on here?"

Naruko, Sasuke, and the clones all turned their heads to the door where Sakura stood by, holding a plastic bag containing a small box of fried chicken.

The pink haired girl eyed the boxes in the clones' hands, and the now barren apartment. "Are you moving out Naruko? Where to?"

"With me" Sasuke answered.

Naruko expected the girl to throw a temper tantrum or at least show her displeasure at the idea of Naruko and Sasuke living together, but the pink haired girl surprised them by just smiling and nodding. "Oh okay! I mean it makes sense she'd move out of this dump- no offense- and to a better house with better living conditions, here I bought you fried chicken" she handed the plastic of food to Naruko

"I'll help carry one of these boxes, this one looks particularly heavy" Sakura took a large box from a Naruko clone's arm.

"Uhh, thanks Sakura" Was all Naruko managed to say.

"Let's go" Sasuke said leading the way out of the apartment.

"Have you already dealt with the paperwork for moving out with your landlord?" Sakura brings up.

"Shit I knew I was forgetting something" Naruko groaned.

"I'll deal with it boss. It probably won't take very long since they hate us and has wanted us out of here for years" The clone whom Sakura took a box from said, already walking downstairs to the office.

"Hey Naruko have you ever thought of other hair styles for your hair? You only wear pigtails and buns, I bet a braid would look good on you! Oh I know, what about letting your hair down completely" Sakura said eagerly with a friendly smile as she walked beside the blonde girl

Naruko felt confused by Sakura's nice attitude, and also a bit suspicious.

"Have you ever considered cutting your bangs? They're getting in your eyes, you have really pretty eyes so you should show them off, I mean really! Your eyes are like....like diamonds!" Sakura rambled on.