Twenty seven

".....Naruko" a calm voice gently calls out to her.

Naruko stirred from her sleep but did no waken

"Hey, Naruko" someone shook her shoulder

"..Just five more minutes, Kakashi-sensei, five more minutes..."

"I'm not Kakashi!" The last Uchiha's rather irritated voice was finally recognized.

Rubbing her eyes Naruko sat up, then yawning cutely she glanced at the raven. The Uchiha slightly blushed at the girl's rather unarranged pose.

"It's.. 9 already." He muttered.

The blonde's large blue eyes widened with a shock. "What? Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" Then she quickly jumped out from the bed and rushed to the bathroom.

Sasuke sighed and left the room

After finishing her grooming, Naruko headed to the downstairs. Sakura wasn't there, she was out in the yard. The pink haired girl could not really stay with Kakashi or Sasuke, for both of them were clearly still angry with her, though Kakashi was trying to not to show it.

When Naruko found them, Kakashi was having a bottle of sake with Tazuna. The jounin waved the blonde, and Sasuke called her over

Naruko pouted. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Maybe they thought you need to have some more beauty sleep." Tazuna interrupted juicily.

Kakashi spouted his sake. Sasuke looked away.

Naruko suppressed an urge to glare at the old man.

"Ok, just forget about the beauty part then" Tazuna coughed out

Sighing inwardly Naruto sat beside Sasuke.

After the breakfast, Kakashi left with Tazuna to examine the bridge. Naruko took Sasuke to the forest for the training.

Though Naruko did not really need Sasuke's help to beat Zabuza and Haku, the missing-nins were yet to come and she needed to kill her time.

"You ready?" She asked, taking out a kunai. Sasuke mirrored her action, then, the two charged at each other

*

Hours later, Sasuke, Naruko and Sakura stood in front of Kakashi. "Alright, we'll begin our new training now"

"Don't need it, but we'll have to play along" Naruko thinks taking a glance at Sasuke who remained blank faced. "Ok!" Naruko said cheerily. "But before that, let me talk about Chakra again, the base of the abilities of ninja"

"But what for Sensei? we already know the basics" Sakura said.

"Iruka-sensei taught us well, and I know it seemed like I was never paying attention, my ears were attentive to him" Naruko explained with a smile. "And even if I really wasn't, I could have still learned it through observation"

"What a clever girl" Kakashi thinks.

"Just listen to me" he snapped his fingers to get their attention. "Molding chakra means extracting energies from the body and the spirit, then mixing them together in your body" he explained. Naruko was only half listening while Sakura took on an earnest look, brows furrowed, it was like if she had a note pad and pen we would be jotting down everything Kakashi was saying.