ten

Sakura desperately tried to swallow the panic that was making her jumpy. She quickly whirled around, hearing a bush rustle behind her. She held the kunai in a death grip, her knuckles whitening from the stress.

Hearing moaning sounds, that sounded vaguely familiar, Sakura rushed to the noise. She gasped in shock before a scream bubbled to her lips and pushed out, the silence that had originally enclosed the training grounds was shattered by her horrified scream.

Leaning against the tree was Sasuke, but that wasn't what was making her scream. It was how he looked, mangled and bloody. Kunai and shuriken were protruding from his slowly bleeding form, and his left arm and both legs were twisted in a disgusting manner. Bone was poking out of his chest, more than likely a rib, and a Fuuma Shuriken was shoved into his stomach.

Reaching out his right arm, some of the fingers missing, Sasuke slowly moaned "Sa-Saku-ra! Help, m-me."

Screaming once again, she fainted from the horrid sight, her body hitting the ground with a thud.

Kakashi could only shake his head in disdain.

*

A terrified scream tore through the air, making Sasuke and Naruko flinch from the intensity. Stopping in their pursuit of Kakashi, Sasuke turned his piercing gaze onto Naruko.

"What the hell was that?"

Naruko blinked. "I think it's Sakura" she said, turning to the direction of the sound

"Should we help her?"

"No" she deadpanned. Sasuke was a bit put-off by Naruko's disregard of their teammate. The blonde noticed his look of doubt. "Don't worry" she consoled placing a hand on his shoulder. "Remember? Before I revealed my true self she was the top female of our class, I'm sure whatever it is, she'll recover quickly and kick butt!"

Sasuke believed her. "You're right" he said, watching her put her hand into the familiar seal that had become second nature to her, Naruko formed five Kage Bunshins.

"Ok Sasuke! Here's my master plan, you attack him in the front, I'll send these kage bunshin to ambush him from the back. Then I'll swoop in and take the bells"

Sasuke nodded before he and Naruko dashed out of their hiding place, the clones right behind the original.

*

After tormenting Sakura, and enjoying it immensely, Kakashi Shunshined into the clearing the test began in. He was still holding the orange book, giggling every few moments. The giggling was soon replaced by a tired sigh, eyes flicking to the rapidly approaching chakra signature for a moment, before concentrating on his book once more.

Hearing the slight 'whizz' of a few kunai zipping through the air, Kakashi lazily stepped to the side to avoid the barrage.

Growling in frustration at Kakashi's nonchalance, Sasuke formed some hand seals, ending on tiger.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" Making a ring with his index finger and thumb, Sasuke expelled the large fire from his mouth towards his sensei, who ran straight into the blaze, disappearing

The hot stream ignited the grass and tore out a crater in the dirt.

Running forward, Sasuke covered his face with his arms and jumped straight through the lingering flames. Breaking through, and coughing slightly from the intense smoke, he stepped into the still smoldering crater his jutsu had left.