twenty two

Though before Naruko entered, she stopped short when she sensed eyes on her. "Naru?" Kakashi asked. "Umm..I'll be right there! Just gotta do something real quick" she said. "It's got something to do with my tenant, he's whining about some crap I don't understand"

Kakashi looked like he wanted to keep her company, but she insisted "It's noooothing to worry about! Seriously he gets like this sometimes"

Nodding, Kakashi went inside.

Still keeping the smile present, she turned her attention to a big tree nearby. "Didn't your mother ever teach you that spying is rude?" She asked. A boy with short black hair and black eyes came out from behind it. He wore a white cap and green jumper.

"Hello" she greeted pleasantly.

He half hid behind the tree again.

"Hmm..if I'm meeting Inari out here now..that means this time he could be nicer to us at dinner when he hears us talking about Gato" she approached the boy cautiously.

"Hi, I'm Naruko and I'll be staying at your house for now, along with three more other people"

Inari kept quiet, hiding behind the tree nervously. "What's this? He wasn't like this before" Naruko thought, confused.

"I-I'm Inari" He said.

"Yea I know" she thinks. "Nice to meet you" she held out her hand, smile still present and eyes showing kindness. She wanted Inari to see she meant him absolutely no harm.

The boy slowly emerged from his hiding place, his eyes were shifting everywhere, he was intent on not looking at her. Naruko pouted "Hey, it's rude not to look at people when they're talking to you, and you haven't shaken my hand yet!"

"S-sorry uh.." Inari focused his eyes on her

" Inari focused his eyes on her

"Naruko-neechan" he said. "I wasn't spying- I mean I didn't mean to spy, and I couldn't hear anything anyway. I was just on my way home and then I happened to see you and that man talking and-" he explained himself. Naruko teasingly lifted a brow "And decided to stay behind and see what we were doing?"

"More like he was curious about you" the Kyuubi supplied. "If that child Konohamaru and him were to meet and you were in between them, they would surely fight over your attention"

"Ugh, don't give me that image! As cute as they both are to me now, it would only serve to annoy me"

"Or fuel your ego once more"

"Shut up!"

"I believe you" Naruko told Inari who was now looking guilty. "I know you didn't mean to spy, so come on, let's head inside together, I'm sure your grandpa and mom are waiting for you"

"by the way, how'd you know that's my house?" Inari asked.

"I can read minds"

"really?" Inari's eyes sparkled.

Naruko laughed heartily. "No, not really, but there's plenty of awesome things I can do! You'll see"