forty two

Sakura stood behind Sasuke and Naruko along with the other genins(at least those who passed the first test) taking in their surroundings. Her attention was on Naruko and Sasuke standing very closely to one another, the blonde was whispering something to the raven but Sakura couldn't catch what it was.

She felt bitter jealous and hateful anger at the blonde. Ever since turning into a girl everything suddenly became flipped. Suddenly the former deadlast loser became the most sought after and admired girl in the village. She was looked at as if she was some princess

Made worse was the fact that the blonde was hiding a genius intellect all along.

But it wasn't just those things that made Sakura feel like clawing herself with anger. It was the fact that SHE was the ONLY one in the village to see what Naruko truly is, a vain, two faced succubus seducing men left and right to be used as her pawns.

A manipulative bitch, a demon in disguise. Sakura still remembers that time at Tazuna's house when Naruko turned Sasuke and Kakashi against her. "Just you wait, I'll get back at you somehow, I'll get rid of you, you bitch" she thinks venomously.

"What even is this place?" She loudly asked crossing her arms, her venomous glare still settled on Naruko. The blonde resisted the urge to send her a smug smile.

"The forest of death"

Naruko turned to the woman who answered and recognized Anko.

"Why is it called the forest of death?" Sakura continued to ask.

"You'll find out soon"

Sakura raised a brow before huffing. "How mysterious and scary, that kind of threat doesn't work on me and Sasuke-kun".

Anko chuckled, a smirk settling on her face "what a cute little girl you are" she said eyeing her up and down. Suddenly she was in front of Sakura, with a Kunai pressed against her throat. A thin trail of blood slid down her pale neck, causing the pink haired girl to shudder

The woman licked the blood from Sakura's neck before taking several steps back.  "A cute kid like you dies in the very beginning, drenched in the red blood that I so love" she chuckles, her gaze intense. Naruko remained unfazed, memories from her past resurfacing reminding her what to expect and change in this time.

"N-Naruko-chan" a timid voice behind her said. She looked over her shoulder and saw none other than Hinata with a weak smile. "Good....luck" she whispered before returning to her teammates.

"Oh right! Before we start the second exam I'll have to give you these" Anko said taking out a stack of paper. "What are those?" Sasuke asked. "A consent form. You'll have to sign these before you can take part in the exam"

"Why?" Sasuke dared to ask

Anko smirked

"Corpses will come out, I have to get your consent for that, I don't want it to be my responsibility" the woman then began the explanation for the exam. Naruko barely listened, her eyes shifted from face to face of each genin, then to the trees surrounding them. Her eyes caught sight of a crow sitting on a branch watching them with keen eyes.

She smirked, giving the crow a friendly little wave.

"The time limit is 120 hours, do it in exactly 5 days" Anko explained

There were murmurs and shocked exclamations from the genins. "Five days?!" Ino shouted. "What about food? What are we supposed to eat?" Choji asked beginning to sweat.

"Be self sufficient" Anko said simply

"The forest is filled with man eating animals, poisonous bugs, poisonous plants and such" Kabuto said.

"This is survival of the fittest" Naruko said simply, looking at her surroundings in a sort of dazed look, as if she was just admiring a lovely field of flowers instead of a forest that could potentially be their resting place. "Look at the distress on the Haruno brat's face, it's hilarious" Kurama said with a chuckle. Naruko shrugged "eh, I do feel a tiny bit bad for her, especially since I'm considering letting her die here"

Sakura's thoughts meanwhile were, in a way, a bit similar to Naruko's. "This forest of death...can be the perfect place for her to die in. And no one would bat an eye because they'll just think she couldn't handle the enemy ninjas, the wild animals, and all the other various different things that could take her life" she thinks, looking over at her blonde teammate she so resents. "You'll finally be gone for good, out of everyone's life, out of my Sasuke-kun's life, out of MY life Naruko..this is my chance!"

"Nervous?" Naruko asked Sasuke with a teasing smirk. Sasuke rolled his eyes and shoved her shoulder. "No" he said seriously. "Of course not, there's no reason to be" The blonde said. "I've got your back". Hearing this, Sasuke had to bite the inside of his cheek to stop himself from smiling.

"Pick your entrance, and all the gates will open at the same time, and finally just a word of advice...don't die" Anko finished

Naruko spun a kunai in her hand. "Let's do this"