forty eight

After many life threatening and grueling days, it was finally the day after the Chunin exams. Naruko was relieved to finally reach the end of the Chunin exams and survived with barely any bruises. And, with her help as well, the rest of the original rookie 9 from her past timeline survived.

"Oh if only Sakura didn't, but oh well, we can't get everything we want now can we?" She thinks wishfully.

They all, together, achieved the title of Chunins much to their pride. Even if some didn't deserve it(A/n: *cough* Haruno *cough* )

"Aaahh you know what I could use Sasuke? A nice relaxing bath at the hot springs" Naruko said as they, together, walked down the street of Konoha, dirty and muscles sore but still pumping with adrenaline.

Sasuke touched his neck. "Naruko, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about" he said, tracing the tattoo of Naruko's bite on him. The blonde faced the boy "What's wrong?" She asked, concern in her eyes.

"What makes you think something's wrong?"

"You're averting your gaze, whenever you're hesitant about something you can't look at someone in the eyes about it" Naruko explained. "I've noticed that about you"

The boy was pleasantly surprised. "Oh. Well, it's about this" he pulled down his shirt collar and showed Naruko the black spiral tattoo on his neck. Naruko felt arrogance and prideful at the sight of HER seal on him. She also felt animalistic possessiveness as she gazed at the tattoo on his neck. "It's prettier than Orochimaru's seal" she thought.

"This thing appeared a few days after you bit me. At first I didn't notice it, because it was so faint, but then as days pass it became more and more visible" Sasuke explained. "What do you think it means?"

"I'm not sure, but frankly, I don't think you have anything to worry about" Naruko lies with a smile. Well...sort of lied. Because he really does have nothing to worry about. "I'm not sensing anything malicious coming from the bite. Though I doubt there would even be one since I was the one who bit you" she reassured.

"How can you sense it?" Sasuke demands

"Well..uhh, it's not really me who senses it per say, it's my uh..friend" she hesitantly responded. Sasuke looked confused and curious. "Friend?". The blonde smiles and takes his hand before leading him to her apartment.

"Sorry about the mess" she said. "I don't get too many visitors, want some tea?"

"Sure" Sasuke said looking around the small room. He paused when he nearly tripped over Naruko's laundry bin. When he looked down, he turned beet red when he saw her bras and panties. "Fuck" he averted his eyes and found the photo of team 7 on a drawer.

There was Naruko in the middle, with her arm around him who was standing on her right, a small smile on his face. And Sakura with her arms crossed and glaring at Naruko, pouting. Kakashi stood behind them, though he wore a mask, he was clearly smiling behind it.

Sasuke smiled at the picture.

"Here's your tea" Naruko said handing Sasuke a cup of warm tea. "Thanks. So what did you take me here for?" Sasuke asked taking the tea cup.

"Sasuke, you're well aware that there are people who still call me a demon right? And that sometimes, people treat me unkindly?" She began. Sasuke frowned and blew on his tea. He didn't like thinking about the unjust behavior of the villagers to her. "Yeah I'm aware" he said already feeling upset. "Well there's a reason for that. What I'm about to tell you could change your perspective of me, though I wish it wouldn't come to it"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. Where was this conversation heading?

Naruko unzipped her jacket and pulled it off, before lifting her shirt to reveal her flat stomach.

Sasuke blushed and looked down.

"Hey, don't be shy, look here" Naruko teased

"N-Naruko what are you doing?" Sasuke breathlessly said still looking down

Naruko huffed and cupped his chin forcing him to look up at her stomach.

She touched her stomach with one finger and soon black ink seemed to appear, forming a spiral on her stomach that resembled the one on Sasuke's neck.

"I have a demon fox sealed inside me by the fourth Hokage. Yep, you heard me right, someone sealed a dangerous, demonic fox spirit in me, and everyone keeps mistaking the jailer for the prisoner so they take their trauma of the demon fox's rampage twelve years ago on me sometimes" Naruko said casually, like she was just discussing the weather.

Sasuke just stood there, staring at her stomach, eyes wide.

"There's more. The Kyuubi no kitsune, his name is Kurama by the way, he talks to me. In my head. Sometimes he and I would have long conversations in my mindscape which explains why I daze off sometimes. He's the reason for my exceptional healing, enhanced hearing, smell and feel" Naruko continued.

"What about that time at the forest of death? When you looked...feral" Sasuke was a little hesitant to call her feral, Naruko could tell.

"I was in Kyuubi mode. You're lucky you weren't there to witness what I did to that Kusa nin, otherwise you wouldn't be sleeping for days. But judging from the gore and the mess I made of her-"

"I pretty much had a mental image when I saw the body" Sasuke finishes.

Naruko suddenly looked nervous. "Are you...disturbed by me?"

"I-- no. Nervous by your capabilities, yes a little, but not enough to send me running for the hills"

The blonde looked relieved, she hugged Sasuke, nuzzling her nose against the base of his neck. "I'm glad" she couldn't help but nip at her seal, which surprised Sasuke. The boy by now was already getting used to Naruko being affectionate and touchy.

At least Kakashi wouldn't be the only one getting physical affection from the girl.

After hearing the truth about Naruko, Sasuke felt a sense of protectiveness for her. She talked so casually about her predicament, but Sasuke saw the hidden pain in her eyes.

Sasuke swore, nothing and no one will harm the girl anymore. He'll make sure of that.

"Anyone who tries will just burn"