Midnight cravings

Taehyung just loves smoothies; too bad he can't have one.

"Taehyung."

The single word alone made the said omega to freeze on his spot. Of course the alpha would notice his absence right away. Taehyung even put two pillows in his place before leaving the bed.

"Care to explain why you are here instead of sleeping at four in the morning?" Jungkook asked, coming near to the omega and caging him between the kitchen counter and himself.
"For water?" Taehyung said, more like questioned.

"Water?" Jungkook asked, looking at the said water bottles which are there at the opposite side.

The silence stretched for another minute before Taehyung whined and leaned to alpha's body.
"Don't look at me like that! I just want to drink smoothie. Promise!" Taehyung mumbled.

"Sweetheart..." Jungkook sighed but rubbed the omega's back soothingly.
"What?" Taehyung asked, looking up at the alpha.
"No cold drink in this time baby. If you want, I can make some fresh fruit juice for you." Jungkook said, kissing his forehead.

"Hmm...okay. I can adjust with that." Taehyung said and got on toes to kiss the alpha on his lips but missed it and kissed his chin instead.

Chuckling, Jungkook bent down and kissed him and started walking backwards and made Taehyung sit on the couch while he went to prepare the fruit juice.
"Kookie hyung?" Taehyung called from his spot making Jungkook to stop walking and turn to him.
"Can I have more berries in it please?" Taehyung asked sweetly and Jungkook is just a weak man to his mate's request.

Taehyung is very near to his due date and Jungkook is more alert than before and he is always with his mate even when the omega wants to just walk for few minutes alone, Jungkook is always at the corner of the garden, ready to run any minute he sees Taehyung uncomfortable.

So, he was up right after sensing the absence of the omega and he sat upright and checked the bathroom only to find it empty.

Running down the stairs, he stopped at the last step seeing the light coming from the kitchen where he can now smell his mate.

He even said to wake him if the omega needs anything but still here, he is, in the kitchen and he knows what his mate here is for. Good thing he hid those smoothies that morning in one of those cupboards, out of Taehyung's reach who shouldn't be drinking them at night.

"Hyuuung!" the whine brought Jungkook out of his thoughts and looked down at the freshly cut fruits. Picking them to put them in the juicer, he answered the omega.
"Just few minutes sweetheart."

But when he got no reply in return, he frowned but focused on the drink thinking the omega is sulking at the wait.

Like he expected, the omega is sitting with a pout.
"I need to prepare the drink baby. It takes more time than making a smoothie." Jungkook said, sitting beside Taehyung and handing the glass for him which the omega took eagerly and finished it in big three gulps.
"Careful." Jungkook said but it is too late for that, so he just took the glass from his mate.
"Thank you alpha." Taehyung said, purring a little and leaning to the alpha who just huffed and put the glass on the table before engulfing the omega totally.

"Is baby sleeping?" Jungkook asked after few minutes making Taehyung look up with his eyes half open.
"Which one?" he mumbled making Jungkook chuckled at him.
"Hmm...I asked about the small baby. But I think even big baby is feeling sleepy now." Jungkook spoke to which Taehyung nodded his head.
"Yup. Now carry the big baby to our nest." Taehyung said and patted his belly with a sigh.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked noticing his sighing.
"Nothing, just the pup is kicking a lot today. I thought she is sleeping but she moved again." Taehyung mumbled, rubbing his belly slowly.
"Moving? Is she not kicking?" Jungkook asked, his hands too now on the omega's belly to feel the movements but he couldn't.
"I can't feel anything at all." he whispered.
"Yeah, not kicking just moving a little but it still pains sometimes." Taehyung mumbled.

"You should sleep then. She might be able to feel that you are awake, and she too is trying to wake up." Jungkook said and bent his neck to kiss at the mate mark making Taehyung to purr loudly and relax slightly.

He detached himself from the omega and took the glass from the table.
"I will be back after washing this sweetheart." Jungkook answered to the whine Taehyung released.

He returned after washing and took the omega in to his arms and together left to sleep again.

Jungkook woke up again, just after sleeping for another hour. But this time, he woke up to the distressing smell of his mate who is clutching tightly to his belly and turned to the other side.
Jungkook is up in an instant and ran to the omega's side and hovered over him, taking his face into his hands, and wiping the tears flowing down.
"Shh... Sweetheart, tell alpha. What's happening?" Jungkook asked, keeping his voice calm though he is feeling anything but calm at that moment.
"Hurts...alpha." Taehyung whispers and released another sob, taking Jungkook's hand and placing it on his belly.

Jungkook knowns about the sudden contractions which are normal in the last month, but they were never this serious. So, he took the mobile and dialed their family doctor who answered immediately and requested to go to the hospital immediately.

"Can you sit baby?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung nodded his head and tried to get up but fell back with a whimper when the pain increased.
"Okay, Lie down. I will call our mothers and we can go to hospital. Just a minute sweetheart." Jungkook spoke and left the room after placing a kiss on the omega's forehead.

Jungkook ran back with their parents behind him and took Taehyung into his arms.
"Please bring his medical reports and the bag mother. Me and father will go." Jungkook said and went down with Jungkook's father running before him to turn on the car.

"My baby." Taehyung's mother cried while Jungkook's mother hugged her and comforted her.
"We don't have time dear. Let's get those files and we can go." Taehyung's father said making the two mothers to start working again.
While the omegas were taking the files and bag out, Taehyung's father called Namjoon and Yoongi to inform about the situation.

By the time they reached the hospital, the nurses and few workers are already outside waiting for them with the stretcher where Jungkook laid his mate and then rushed inside immediately to the room where the doctor is waiting.

With no words exchanged, the doctor immediately went to check Taehyung who is in a half sleep state with no more energy left to react.

"He will be shifted to operation room in few hours Mr. Jeon. These are the pains of the baby full body movement. It is better to take the baby out in the next three hours. Before that we need to give some energy to him. Did he eat anything in past few hours?" The doctor asked, after coming out of the room to where Jungkook and his dad are waiting.

"He drank fruit juice just an hour ago." Jungkook answered which the doctor nodded her head.
"Okay then. Be with him now. He might wake up with pain again." The doctor said and went to order the nurses to inject the needed medicines to Taehyung while Jungkook rushed inside.