V1 Chapter 3 : Entrance Exam

Part 1

I got off the bus and stood in front of the entrance of UA High, gaping at the sight. Furnished with high quality marble and stone, the entrance looked as grand as anyone would expect of Japan's best hero high school.

Countless other young teenagers that were my age rushed through the entrance as though they were late for work—or school, some went inside in groups, chattering animatedly while other were alone.

Nonetheless, it seems that many are competing to be enrolled into UA High this year, just like every other year according to Corey, who has decided to go to a normal high school.

Someone bumped into me, and more was to come.

"Hey! Watch where you're going retard!" Yelled one of them.

One that I recognized.

It was the same blond haired school boy I'd seen get taken hostage by the sludge monster ten months ago.

"Tch." He clicked his tongue and walked away, into UA High school grounds, most likely looking to take part in the entrance exam.

An aspiring hero, huh? Who would've thought? His personality doesn't fit the hero image at all.

"Fuck off, deku!!" I heard someone say and looked for the source.

I spotted Midoriya in his dark cyan track suit, who seems to have gotten the angry attention of the blondie.

"Kacchan!!" Midoriya said.

Does he know the blondie?

"Don't stand in my way, or do you wanna fucking die?" Kacchan said.

Hm? The blondie didn'tsay anymore than that and instead walked on.

And it seems like Midoriya is confused too. Must be the incident from ten months back, then. Or it could be something else.

I was about to greet Midoriya when he tripped and fell forward, only to float in the air as a brown haired girl tapped his pack.

"You alright?" She said. "Sorry for going crazy with my quirk there, I just think it's have been a bad omen if you tripped, you know?"

Is that how bad omens work? So if I trip, it'll be a bad omen? I'll have to note that down.

But back to what's important here. It seems that the girl's quirk is related to gravity. A formidable quirk indeed. If perfected, she can crush an entire city by multiplying the gravity of the air in the city to be a hundred or more times. Or she can lift an entire city into the air. Either way, her quirks can be used as a powerful offense.

Another path would be to use her quirk for support, rescuing or the like. For example, if a huge debris is about to fall on a citizen, she can use her quirk to lighten the debris and therefore, save the citizen.

"I'm so nervous, bet you are too!" She exclaimed.

A useful quirk it is when used properly.

"Huh? Ah...uhh..." Midoriya mumbled.

But her personality most likely wouldn't allow her to use her quirk for mass destruction or genocide so, I can safely assume that she will be a support type hero.

"Well, good luck! Later!" The girl said and left as Midoriya stared at her disappearing figure for a few moments before looking like he just found something really cool.