V3 Chapter 1 : Internships

1

"Your field training will be one week long. These are all good workplaces, but those with nominations will receive a personalized list. Those who don't, get this list of 40 participating workplaces from across the country." Aizawa-sensei held out a piece of paper. "Everyone only gets to choose one out of your respective lists. Their areas of operation and expertise all vary. So put a lot of thought into it before you choose."

He had the front-row students pass the general lists behind and personally passed out the personalized lists. I quickly received my list and schemed through it. Turns out, many high ranking hero agencies were interested in me. There was Endeavor's agency, a hero named Hawks', Best Jeanist, and many others.

"Turn them in by the end of the week," Aizawa-sensei said when everyone received their lists.

"We only get two days?!" The class roared.

Two days was just enough to decide on a suitable agency to work with. Of course, I intend to pick one that is beneficial to me. For now, though, I decided to wait and bid my time. I haven't done a lot of research on heroes these past few months, so I was considerably lacking in information compared to my classmates.

"Who's agency are you going to choose, Todoroki?" I asked my deskmate. He was staring at the paper in his hands silently, seeming to be deep in thought, and didn't seem to hear me. I got up and leaned closer to him to take a peek at his list.

"Are you going to pick your father's agency?" I asked, noticing that 'Endeavor Hero Office' was on his list. Specifically, it was in the fifth line from the top.

Todoroki startled and looked at me. "...What makes you think that?"

I sat back on my seat and shrugged. "It seemed like the most obvious choice for you."

He looked at me dubiously.

"Putting aside the fact that he is your father, he is also the number two hero in Japan," I said. "Objectively speaking, it's the best choice for you if you want to spread your name."

"Did you receive an offer from him, then?"

"I did."

"Are you choosing his agency?"

"I'm not sure yet." He raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth to say something, but I continued. "My goals differ from everyone else's, so I intend to go through all my offers before deciding."

"...So you say..." He sighed and turned away.

"You haven't ans—"

"I'm going to my father's agency," he said before I could finish speaking.

"Oh." I didn't think he'd actually give me an answer.

"Who are you guys choosing?" Mineta asked no one in particular. "I'm going for Mt. Lady!"

"You're thinking lewd thoughts again, Mineta," Asui immediately replied, turning away and leaving his area.

"Am not!"

From where I'm sitting, it sure seems like you're guilty...

I gazed over the blackboard where Aizawa-sensei had listed everyone who got offers. Even though Ashido's performance was above average, her name wasn't listed on the board, meaning she didn't get any offers. In my mind, that's weird considering her obvious combat skills. She was also quick on her feet, which is an indispensable trait in field work.

I wonder who's agency Midoriya would choose. As well as Uraraka and Iida's choices.

"Huh?" Midoriya's confused voice reached my ears. "Battle hero Gunhead's agency?!"