V1 Chapter 8 : Class Presidency

Part 1

Me, Corey and Midoriya walked down the street past the now sealed off apartment. There was still a handful of cops searching the apartment even though I had called last night to inform them I had found Corey unconscious in the middle of an open field nearby.

"See you later, Ayanokouji, Midoriya." Corey said as he broke off from our group and entered a store for work. He'd taken a part time job as a cashier there a few days ago.

"Mm," I nodded to him as he closed the door behind him.

"See you!" Midoriya said and waved beside me.

Few seconds later we were walking down the street again and making our way to UA High in a steady pace. A horde of merciless news reporters gathered at the front gate.

"Why're there so many reporters?"

"I-I guess it may be because of All Might...?"

Midoriya had been fumbling with his fingers almost the entire walk. That did not go unnoticed by me.

"Say it," I said to him, side glancing at his figure.

He startled at the sudden command and almost tripped on a sewer cover but I'd reacted fast enough to catch him by his uniform collar and stabilized him.

Scratching the back of his head in embarrassment, he said, "U-umm, I—"

"What kind of lessons does All Might teach?!" A reporter shoved his mike into Midoriya's face.

"Eh?!! U-uh, I'm sorry, but I had to go to the nurse's office..."

"What about you?! You have anything to say regarding All Might's lessons?!" The reporter switched over to me.

How annoying.

"No." I said flatly and began to walk away.

"Huh?! Hey!"

With the news that All Might had entered UA's facility as a new teacher, the country went into a tizzy and the mass media pressed at the gate for days on end for a big scoop for their respective news studio.

I spotted Uraraka, Iida, Bakugou and Aizawa-sensei getting interrogated by the horde. The latter two shut down their question without a thought before the four of them entered the campus with their backs to the reporters.

A female reporter stepped too close to the entrance of the campus and a beep sound rang before a thick metal shutter snapped together and closed off the entrance, blocking off the horde of reporters. It was the so-called'UA barrier' that, apparently, had three levels of locks that won't open unless you had a student card or a special entry permit.

As the reporters outside the gate went bonkers shouting their protests and complains, I walked over to my class to find that most of my classmates had already arrived and were engaging in conversations with their groups of friends.

Kirishima noticed me coming in through the door and waved and greeted me, followed by several other classmates.

I simply nodded and said, "Morning," and sat at my seat, which was right besides Yaoyorozu's and right behind Todoroki's, and buried my head in my arms.

Aizawa-sensei entered the class not long after holding a stack of papers in his hands.

"I hope you're all rested from yesterday's battle trial. I took the liberty of going through each and everyone of your marks and evaluations of yesterday's battle trial. I only have a few things to say to a few of you." He said, setting the papers on his desk.