V3 Chapter 2 : This Taiyaki... is ME!

1

Tiny pieces of bricks broke off and fell to the ground as Gran Torino dug his fingers into the wall, clinging onto it like a spider. He smiled ominously as he spoke, thinking back to UA's sports festival, "The way you used it during the sports festival... That justice obsessed fool All Might sure is a novice when it comes to teaching."

Midoriya noted the similarities between All Might and the old man in front of him known as Gran Torino. The way they talk and act dumb... He could no longer keep doubting it but had to accept that this little old man was, indeed, All Might's, the number one hero's teacher and mentor.

"He can't watch over you properly, so that means I gotta do it myself," Gran Torino continued. His tone was commanding and authoritative. "So put on your costume!"

Midoriya gulped. He could feel the excitement rising deep within his guts mixed with nervousness. He stiffly went back to his briefcase and found a note. It was a user manual with a message written on it.

Mr. Midoriya,

While repairing your costume, we humbly took the liberty of slightly altering the materials and design. We hope you understand. Anyhow, this version is way cooler!"

Support Department.

"Uh..." Midoriya mumbled. He noted that there were probably tons of people in the support department that're just like Hatsume. He quickly took off his uniform and put on his new hero costume that has been tinkered and improved by its repairers.

The suit fitted him perfectly, and it felt natural on him, as if it was always a part of him. Unlike his old home-made version, this felt more compact and reliable. It gave him a sense of safety and strength.

"Okay!" He said, feeling a surge of power flowing through him. "I'm ready."

Despite his newfound confidence, he couldn't shake off the feeling of uneasiness, though, and quickly reverted back to his nervous state.

"I-is this really okay though...?" He asked, anxious. Then the rest came flowing out of his mouth like an uncontrollable flood. "To be honest, I'm still not great with this power. Maybe a wide-open space would be better...? Because if I get careless and accidentally use 100 percent... Gran Torino, you'll be completely..."

"Geez... You sure talk a lot..." The little old man sighed, then disappeared from Midoriya's field of view. "I'm getting impatient."

Before Midoriya could even register what just happened, he was kicked in the back and staggered forward. He was immediately exasperated at the old man's actions.

"We're really fighting?! I thought you just wanted a demonstration!" He blurted.

"Seems you couldn't perceive my true power before," Gran Torino allowed, bouncing off the ceiling at insane speed and landing on the microwave in the tiny kitchen area. His speed amplified the power behind his landing and crushed the microwave, its door falling completely off its hinges and to the ground.

"To choose this little wet blanket as the ninth successor? All Might's a novice among novices."

Midoriya felt his blood boil at the insult targeted at his idol, and moved to attack but Gran Torino was faster than he'd expected, and he was tackled from behind before he could react. The old man bounced around the room with such speed that all Midoriya could see was the trails of yellow and white forming light beams all over the room as if it was a laser tag field.

Midoriya flexed his right arm and felt the power of his quirk surge through it. Red and white stripes lined his arm as he powered up.

He's hit me in the back twice now! So... He ducked and spun around, effectively evading the old man's tackle attack.