V2 Chapter 2 : Unexpected Events

Part 1

"Again? It's the third day in a row!" complained Kirishima.

He was obviously referring to the crowd that blocked both exits of the class.

Three days has passed since the sports festival was announced, and since then the students from other classes had gathered outside our classroom everyday after classes. Apparently, it was to scout out the competition.

Though it was obvious that that was only the case for the first day.

On the first day, a purple haired guy whom I learned to be Hitoshi Shinso, a student from the general department, mocked us and even declared war against us. The mocking was mostly thanks to Bakugou's arrogant behavior, though. But the point is that he wasn't the only one who thought that class 1-A was just all talk. And that became obvious once the second day arrived and most of the crowd was looking at my classmates with distaste and the mocking became more apparent. However, Shinso was nowhere to be seen.

Some of the things Shinso said on the first day was interesting. Apparently, students from other departments can be put under review to transfer to the hero department if they did well in the sports festival. And the same could be said for vice-versa, which meant another reason to show off some skills during the festival.

"Get the fuck out of the way, extras," Bakugou stated as he roughly pushed through the crowd like he did yesterday and the day before.

"Hey! Don't think that just because you defeated some thugs that you are higher than us!" shouted someone from within the crowd.

"Trash don't talk, so shut the fuck up," Bakugou said as he left.

"What did you say?!"

The crowd directed their displeasure at Bakugou, who simply ignored their complaints and left without saying anything else.

"That dude's gonna turn the entire school against us!" complained Kirishima.

While I don't agree with Bakugou's approach that gathers more hatred towards him, I do agree with showing to others that you're confident in winning. If people perceived you as weak, they'll look down on you and I noticed that normal people react quite strongly to that. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and what happened was just Bakugou's way of doing things.

And it seemed that Bakugou wasn't the only one who thought the same about disregarding the crowd.

Todoroki completely ignored the crowd and calmly walked out of the classroom. For whatever reason, the crowd made a path and Todoroki didn't have to push his way past the crowd. Perhaps his cold attitude intimidated them. Or he glared at them, I couldn't tell since I was facing his back.

Pulling my bag over my shoulder, I, too made a move to leave.

"Eh? Ayanokouji? You're really gonna just leave?" asked Sero as he noticed me walking towards the door.

I turned a little to look at him from the corner of my eye.

"I don't have time to deal with this kind of bullshit, you know?" I said flatly, raising an eyebrow.

"Huh?" Apparently he didn't expect me to use profanities.

"Despite how I look, I'm quite busy." I needed to prepare for the upcoming assassination job. Thanatos informed me last night that the job will be held a day before the sports festival, which was in a little over a week's time.