V2 Chapter 6 : Tournament Round 1

Part 1

"A tournament, huh? So we'll be up in that ring I see on TV every year!" celebrated Kirishima.

"Was it a tournament last year too?" Ashido asked.

"The format's always different, but most years involve some king of head-to-head competition," Sero said.

Everyone seem excited for this next event, huh?

"The matchups will be decided by drawing lots," Midnight said. "Once that's settled, we'll move on to the festivities and then the tournament itself! It's up to each of you 14 finalists whether or not you participate in the fun. I expect some of you would rather take a breather and save your strength."

I sure would love to make a run for it and take a short nap in the waiting room, but I'm interested in the tournament bracket.

"Now, before we start, due to the unexpected result of the last event, we'll allow two more students to take part in the tournament! Of course, due to everyone else's team ending with a score of 0 points, we'll have no choice but to hold a supplementary event for the other 9 teams. The team that gets top spot in this supplementary event will have to choose two representatives from their team to take part in the tournament."

That means that after this supplementary event, there will be 16 finalists competing in the tournament in one-on-one duels. Which also means there will be 14 matches in total that'll be taking place in the tournament.

"So, the supplementary event will be... lots!" Lots again, huh? "Alright then, let's see which team will be able to advance!" Midnight said.

The screen showed 'Team Tetsutetsu'.

"Oho! It seems lady luck's on Team Tetsutetsu's side today!"

"L-Let's go!" Tetsutetsu celebrated.

"Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki bring us up to 16 competitors!!" A member of Team Tetsutetsu spoke up.

"Good luck, Tetsutetsu!"

"You guys..." Tetsutetsu sniffled. "I won't let you guys down, I swear!"

"Alright, alright. Here are the matchups!" Midnight announced.

The screen showed the tournament brackets, and just as I had calculated, there would be 14 matches in total.

"Shinso. That's gotta be..."

"Izuku Midoriya. That's you yeah?" Shinso called out to Midoriya.

As it turns out, Shinso's first opponent would be Midoriya. It'll be an interesting match, I'm sure. I wonder how will Midoriya deal with Shinso's troublesome quirk.

Before Midoriya could say anything, a tail wrapped around his neck and covered his mouth.

"Midoriya! That guy... Don't answer him," Ojiro said while wearily looking at Shinso's back.

Well, I suppose it was inevitable that he would get suspicious of Shinso.

My first match would be against my own class's Ashido Mina, whose quirk is called Acid.

"Uraraka?" Bakugou's confused voice reached my ears.

As it turns out, Bakugou's first opponent would be Uraraka. In that case, you'll never be forgotten, Uraraka, I sent her a silent prayer. It was just her luck running into Bakugou right away in her first match.

The rest of the tournament bracket went like this:

Midoriya VS Shinso

Todoroki VS Sero