V2 Chapter 7 : Tournament Round 2

Part 1

"Guess I lost," Uraraka beamed, scratching the back of her head.

Apparently, she'd been in the waiting room ever since they let her leave the infirmary.

"I just got carried away at the end when I thought I could actually win..." She said.

We walked over to her table.

"Uraraka..." Midoriya started. "Are you... hurt?"

"I'm good! Well, I'm healing bit by bit, so my stamina doesn't get drained. Just these little scrapes left," she explained. "But darn it! Bakugou's just too strong. I couldn't put a scratch on him. Guess I gotta try harder next time!"

It's good that she seems so fired up after that beatdown.

"Are you okay...?" Midoriya asked again.

"Yeah! Somehow, I am!" She punched the air, then settled down a bit, a sad smiled formed on her face. "I mean, you're always looking ahead to the next challenge, Deku... I lost, but I don't wanna lose again."

"You..."

Before Midoriya could whatever he wanted to say, Present Mic's voice came through the loudspeaker, "Ahh, ohhh! Kirishima or Tetsutetsu? Who's going to move on?!" A few moments later, his voice came through again, saying, "After their draw earlier, Kirishima has won! We now have our full lineup for the second round! With that said... Let's get right to it!"

"Already!" Midoriya said. "Right, then..."

"Ack, sorry! You two wasted all your prep time talking to me!" Uraraka said. "Good luck out there. I'm rooting for y'all."

I nodded. She looked completely unaffected by the match prior to this, in fact, she looked pretty refreshed, as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders... to Midoriya, at least.

Not long after closing the door behind us, we heard her cries through the vents in the hallway. Midoriya clenched his fist and walked faster. I informed him I was gonna go talk to someone and left in the other direction.

Reaching my destination, I opened the door leading outside and approached the lone purpled-haired boy sitting by himself at one corner of the stands. The other students of 1-C went silent and stared at me as if I was a ghost or something.

Noticing the change in the atmosphere around him, Shinso turned around and was surprised to see me standing there.

I raised my hand and greeted him. "Yo, it's been a while."

He squinted his eyes at me in suspicion.

"Do you need something, Ayanokouji?"

"Not really. I'm just curious about what happened in your match against Midoriya," I said, sitting down beside him. I offered him a can of soda that I'd got on my way here.

He took it, still looking at me suspiciously.

"Why do you need to know?" He asked, opening his drink. "It's none of your business is it? Whether you know or not, it doesn't change the fact that my quirk has no effect on you..."

I shrugged.

"That may be so, but I'm still curious as to how Midoriya managed to break free," I said and took a sip of my own drink. "That should've been impossible for him. That's just not how your quirk works."

He stared a few moments before turning back to the arena. Below the stadium, Midoriya and Todoroki were facing off. Todoroki immediately started off with an ice attack, but Midoriya expected that and blew it away with a powerful flick.