V2 Chapter 5 : Cavalry Battle

Part 1

"Ten million...?" mutter Midoriya, who was obviously completely shocked at the current turn of events.

Sorry, Midoriya. I threw you under the bus even though I'm your friend.

"After taking first place in the qualifiers, Izuku Midoriya has got ten million points!" repeated Midnight.

In an instant, everyone's eyes focused on Midoriya. From his point of view, they must've been like scornful, death glares. He must be feeling extremely pressured right now.

"The match will last 15 minutes. Each team's points are determined by its members," continued Midnight.

Which means that depending on your team members, you may be able to qualify without even doing anything. For instance, I can gather a team with total of 500-700 points from the start, and just avoid any fights with other teams. I'd win with no effort whatsoever, since the other teams will likely overlook us if we kept running, though I'll place at a lower spot.

However, that'll be viewed as cowardly by others so I doubt there's anyone who wants to do that.

"The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points! Until the match ends, you'll all compete to grab each other's points and maintain the ones you have. Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But the more headbands you've got, the harder they'll be to manage," explained Midnight. "Most importantly, even if your headband is taken... and even if your horse formation is broken... it's not over 'til it's over!"

In other words, it's fine if you don't have a horse. As long as you started off that way and finish placing in the top five or four.

"Quirks are allowed, so it'll be a brutal battle! However, it's still a cavalry battle. Maliciously attacking another team with intent of making them fall will get you a red card! And that means you're out of the game!"

As soon as Midnight finished, a crowd surrounded Bakugou. They were all bickering to be in his team, all the while the person in question was simply staring ahead with a blank face.

"I don't even know what your stinking quirks are!" Bakugou said flatly.

"Forget class B-- he's too self-absorbed to even notice us!"

"That Todoroki's already wrangled up a team for himself!" Kirishima called over the crowd. "So team up with me, Bakugou!!"

"Ah, weird hair."

"That name's Kirishima! Remember it!! I know you wanna be a rider, right? So your front horse had better be someone who can take all those explosions, yeah?" he said. "Who might that be?"

"Someone not afraid to die."

"Nope!! It's me, with my Hardening!" Kirishima declared proudly. "This horse won't break. You wanna take Midoriya down, right?!"

What a way to persuade Bakugou into letting you join his team.

As expected, Bakugou sneered and agreed to let Kirishima join him.

I turned to Midoriya.

"Team up with m-- whoa," Uraraka said.

"Uraraka!" Midoriya screamed while crying fountains. "Y-you mean it?! Everyone's probably gonna come after me for my ten million--"

"Yeah, but you'll win if you can just run away."

"I-I think you're overestimating me, Uraraka..."

"That's fine! Who cares? Teaming up with a friend just seems right!"