V2 Epilogue : Closing of the Sports Festival

"Ayanokouji!"

Loud footsteps echoed in the hallway outside and Midoriya and Uraraka burst into the room, both wearing anxious expressions on their faces.

I tilted my head at them. "Is something the matter?"

"Are you okay?!" They asked simultaneously.

"Uhh, yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

Recovery Girl had just finished healing the minor injuries I sustained a while ago.

"Because...! You were so close and..." Midoriya said. "...you lost..."

"It's just...such a pity, you know?" Uraraka added.

"How so?" I asked.

"I mean, you worked hard to train for the sports festival only to lose after such an intense battle because of something so simple as going out-of-bounds!"

Uh huh... In the final clash with Todoroki, I was sent flying out-of-bounds while Todoroki managed to stay within the confinements of the arena. Therefore, the match went to Todoroki.

It's just a simple lost. It's not like it was anything important... Besides, I didn't even try.

"So?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. "What about it?"

"Eh? What do you mean 'What about it?'," Midoriya looked at me in confusion that mirrored my own. "You lost! A-And after what you said at the start of the festival..."

Oh, right. I did boast to everyone about being number 1, huh... They might interpret the situation as: "Todoroki surpassed his limits and managed to defeat Ayanokouji, the one who was supposed to win," or something along the lines of that. But oh well, it's not like it matters to me what they think.

"It's no matter. The people can say whatever they want about me," I said. "By the way, where's Iida?"

Midoriya and Uraraka exchanged glances. Then Midoriya said, "Iida said he had to leave because of an emergency... His brother was attacked."

"I see," I nodded in understanding.

He's probably in the emergency room to visit his brother, or at least, on the way to the emergency room. I wonder how his brother's condition is right now. According to the news, he was in critical condition when he was found.

Well, considering all the rumors about the Hero Killer amongst the underworlders, Iida's brother is quite lucky to have survived with a mere 'in critical condition'. Not only that, the news also stated that his condition has stabled. He should be fine.

"...A-Ayanokouji!" Midoriya stammered.

What is it now?

"Congratulations on getting second place!"

"Thanks?" I said. Should I wish him luck next year? "I guess... Better luck next time, Midoriya? "

"Ah—" Midoriya froze and looked at the ground dejectedly. Even though I couldn't see his face because he was facing down, I could see drops of tears accumulating on the floor.

Uraraka smiled wryly and consoled Midoriya, telling him not to worry about whatever it was.

I tilted my head sideways. Did I say something wrong?

"Uh... Did I say something wrong?" I decided to ask.

"N-Nothing! Nothing at all! Hahaha..." The duo exclaimed.

How odd.

The nurse's door opened and Recovery Gurl came inside.

"How long are you going to stay here for? You three better leave before I kick you all out myself!" She rapped her cane on the floor.