V3 Chapter 6 : Goodnight

1

As soon as we hit the chaotic streets of Hosu, we headed straight to the Hero Agency in Hosu—Iida's internship, following his guides. We dropped off Iida and the unconscious hero in the infirmary and right away notified the pros about our run-in with the Hero Killer and another unidentified villain who joined the fray later on.

The sidekick sitting at the front counter informed us that they were already gathering a small attack force to go searching for the Hero Killer and told us to get some rest and had someone escort us to some guest rooms on a higher floor.

We complied and followed. Once the sidekick closed the door behind him, leaving us alone in the room, we exchanged glances and I unlocked the window and pushed it open.

"Don't make a single noise," I whispered and climbed out the window sill, quietly grabbing onto an iron bar and hoisting myself up to a small landing beside the window. I reached down and motioned with my hand for one of them to follow.

Midoriya climbed out and followed my instructions, lips pressed together so he didn't accidentally make a sound. I reached higher up and held onto the pipes, using my rubber soles to give myself stable footing on the narrow ledges on the wall, and climbed up onto the roof as quietly as I could. Midoriya followed my exact movements and reached the top.

I reached out a hand and helped him up, and saw that Todoroki was close behind. We hoisted him over the edge of the roof and then silence enveloped us for a moment before Midoriya let out a sigh of relief. Todoroki smiled slightly.

"Alright, let's split up so we cover more ground," I said. "We can track each other with our phones. If you find the Hero Killer, send a text, something simple, and we'll follow your location."

I made a new group chat and named it 123. It wasn't important to give our little group a name, anyway. Though Midoriya winced when he saw it while Todoroki just stared at his phone as if he'd expected it.

"Let's move. They left only ten minutes ago, we still have a chance at getting to the Hero Killer first," I said and stood. "Be careful getting to ground level. I'll use the rooftops."

They nodded and we got to work. I ran across the buildings and searched the alleys. In the distance, nomus and heroes were facing off, fires taking up the sky. I increased my pace, tracking Thanatos with my phone. He was just one mile away. I decided to jump into the battle between heroes and nomus—or more specifically, jump onto a nomu's back.

It screeched and jumped backwards into a building, but I used its momentum to shove it front first into the building. The building was crushed on one side and began to topple over us.

I increased the strength in my forearms and angled him in the direction of where Thanatos was a second before the nomu kicked off the building and sent both of us cruising through the air to my destination at breakneck speed. I could hear the heroes on the ground yelling at us, but we were already too far gone for me to hear.

I solidified my footing by chaining myself to the nomu's back with my blood and checked my phone again. We were just a few seconds from the targeted location, so I summoned a serrated blade and sliced the nomu's head right off its shoulders and caught it before it could fall to the streets.

I tore it apart over and over again with a few more blades until I was sure it wouldn't regenerate again—or at least won't regenerate in at least an hour or so. Then I let go of both the body and head and hopped to the nearest building, not sparing a glance at the nomu corpse crashing into the asphalt down below that was followed by numerous screams.

In a couple of leaps and quick strides, I arrived at the fight. I looked over the edge of the roof and saw Thanatos and the Hero Killer still fighting it out. They were covered in cuts and were slashing and dodging so fast that to a lower leveled hero, they'd look like they're teleporting.