I'm Not In Love

Taehyung sat in his seat in utter silence while jungkook drove the car. His fingers played with the ring in his hand as his head stayed low. No matter what he does, he still becomes awkward around the ravenette who never fails to make him feel giddy.

On the other hand, jungkook has been stealing glances of the brunet's side profile and noticed his somewhat shrunken figure which had him frowning before he lift his eyes to the road.

"Aren't you going to wear that?" Taehyung quickly looked up at his voice and saw him pointing at the ring with his chin. Taehyung smiled faintly before mumbling "I don't know, I'm not sure if I should wear this." His words brought frown lines to the ravenette's face who took a small glance of his uncertain eyes.

"Why is that? I mean it's yours now, so why aren't you putting it on your finger? Is it because... I bought it? " Taehyung's head snapped up and looked at the sudden sulk on the ravenette's face which had him somehow worried and panicking. This is the first time jungkook has ever bought him something and only taehyung know how much he felt happy inside and how glad he was for being so nice to him.

Taehyung had been dreaming that one day, jungkook would treat him as his and spoil him with his love. And it finally happened, except that he got divorced already and they're no longer together anymore which is the reason taehyung hesitant about accepting the gift from jungkook.

"It's not... that, jungkook. I'm really glad that you b-bought me this but.. It's just I don't feel like I'm worth it..." Taehyung trailed and jungkook let out a soft chuckle which taehyung did heard it and looked at his face.

"You're far more precious than the ring on your hand." Jungkook blurted out without thinking twice. His eyes instantly grew wide at his own words before he turned around and looked at taehyung's face which covered in pink hue.

Taehyung's breath hitched at the ravenette's blunt compliment which had him a blushing mess. He could feel the blood rising to his cheeks and he quickly looked away when jungkook's eyes met his momentarily.

"I'm sorry." Clearing his throat a little, jungkook muttered the words in a faint voice which taehyung didn't fail to hear and his cheeks become more red in shade. Taehyung never was a person who gets compliments from people. He only used to receive complaints which is why he couldn't stop himself from blushing from the simple words of the ravenette. Well, maybe he's blushing because it's the Jeon jungkook who just complimented him.

"It's okay." Taehyung's voice smiled and jungkook's head swung to his side, eyes wide as saucer as he saw him duck his head down with his fingers still playing with the ring. For a second, jungkook wanted to stop the car and kiss the blush on the brunet's cheeks. It took his all self control to resist himself from jumping on him.

"Wear it." Jungkook suddenly said causing the brunet to look up at him with his doe eyes. Taehyung somehow understood that he was talking about the ring and he eventually slide it onto his fingers making the ravenette smile as his head turned to the road.

"T-thank you." Taehyung finally decided to say the word after debating with himself whether he should tell him or not. Jungkook let out a breathy chuckle at how soft his voice sounded, which is really unusual for him.

"You know.. It's really weird hearing that word from someone who always used to call me asshole." Taehyung's eyes slightly enlarged as jungkook muttered those words in a teasing voice, causing him to chuckle. Suddenly he remembered how he hated him and called him names back then just to annoy him.

"I really used to annoy you back then... Now I think about it, I feel like stupid." Taehyung simply said, a soft smile on his shy face.

"You really did annoy me though. No one has ever punched me nor hit me or slap me. But you did everything, you even poured your juice on me." Jungkook smiled subconsciously as he recalled the day when taehyung threw his drink all over his face.