Chapter 53: Explanations

Naruto sat on the swing deep in thought. He was in fact thinking about the situation. He was thinking hard about what happened and where he went wrong. His bright blonde hair was messy by the number of times he had run his hand through the strands. The villagers in the surroundings giggled and made snarky comments at how disheveled Naruto looked- Nevertheless the boy could care less about those pointless comments. His sister was kidnapped by his best friend and there was nothing he could do? That was quite ironic considering how Misa was always there for him through thick and thin; when he was sick, when he was on the verge of death... she was always there for him unlike Naruto.

"There's no point in moping now, Naruto," Shikamaru creeped behind the Uzumaki grabbing him from his shoulders in an attempt to soothe the boy alongside Neji, Lee and Sakura.

"Shikamaru, you are back? What was the old lady's decision?" Naruto beamed hoping that Lady Tsunade might have taken the right decision- His idea of the right decision was saving Misa as soon as possible.

Shikamaru briefly glanced at Sakura worried before answering with a long sigh, "The council has decided to not send any troops to save Misa right now."

Anger washed over Naruto's eyes. How could even Lady Tsunade make such a stupid decision? They had to save Misa from Orochimaru's den as soon as possible. God knew what that venomous snake would do to a soft girl like Misa, "THAT'S SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE. MISA- SHE'S ALL ALONE. EVEN IF THEY DON'T SAVE HER, I WILL GO SAVE HER ON MY OWN ACCORD."

"Come on Naruto, don't be dumb. You and I, we both know we cannot save Misa that easily. She is with Sasuke now," Neji pointed out shaking his head, "If we do try to save her, we need a great plan."

"It's all my fault. I should have never given her the cold shoulder. She was the first person to be ever kind to me," Lee expressed his guilt hiding his grief-stricken in between his hands.

Sakura placed her palm on his back, rubbing it ever softly- It was a weak attempt to calm Lee down but Sakura for some reason didn't want to see Lee have a break down

Sakura placed her palm on his back, rubbing it ever softly- It was a weak attempt to calm Lee down but Sakura for some reason didn't want to see Lee have a break down. He was always kind to her. He had always cared About her. He had always tried to save her in rough times and there was nothing Sakura could do to help Lee in the same way. She knew she was no way near as strong as Lee so he didn't need her to save him. Nonetheless times like these were the only moments Sakura could comfort lee.

"Sakura-chan, you don't have to comfort me," Lee whimpered wiping away his dry tears, "Instead I'm the one who should help you out. You must be so hurt about Misa being kidnapped."

"Shut up Lee, come back to your senses. It's because of her, Danzo gained the upperhand of the conversation we had before with Lady Tsunade," Neji added rolling his eyes and turned to face Sakura, "Sometimes it's nice not to be selfish, Sakura. It's not like Misa went to Sasuke willingly. I was there when the incident happened. I saw him directly come for her-."

"Neji you are taking it too far," Lee stood up for Sakura, "Sakura-chan was just in great distress then."

"Distress? Distress? Then how would you explain our emotions? We were in distress too but we never betrayed Misa. To betray her twice- I'm just don't get it," The Hyuuga stated angrily.