Chapter 80: Missing Nin

"Konoha has been attacked by Pain!" Karin rushed to Sasuke and the others telling them the news, "The rumors tell that one of the nine tails is dead!"

Suigetsu's eyes widened. That was a very complex situation and he couldn't lie. His heart did do a somersault when he realized the probability of his savior dying. He approached Karin with slow steps shaking his head in disbelief and placed his trembling hands on the woman's shoulders shaking her to and fro, "TELL ME... TELL ME, KARIN. WHICH ONE WAS IT? WHO WAS IT? WHO?"

"I'm not sure... But it's the girl," Juugo replied standing beside Karin.

Suigetsu felt his legs give out and sat down on the concrete ground with his hands on his head. He still remembered how they worked together to save him from the cage and he loved those little interactions he had with her but then it was as if Suigetsu realized something. The young man looked over his shoulder to see the Uchiha frozen up. Suigetsu knew he couldn't even imagine how Sasuke felt for Sasuke loved the girl to death. In fact Misa was a part of the reason as to why Sasuke had the energy to live. Misa was his whole life. She was his drug. His life source.

But there was one thing about Sasuke.

Nobody usually knows what he feels. Nobody knows and nobody will, not even us readers.

"Change of plans. We will go to towards Konoha... right Sasuke? We will go to Konoha right?" Suigetsu whispered desperately.

Yet there was nothing Sasuke did to back it up or even disagree. The young Uchiha was frozen in place... in time.

"I will take that as a yes."

The red haired woman was startled by the strange reaction. She had expected them to simply brush it away as they usually did. They were always so nonchalant and emotionless about things related to Konoha so why were they throwing such a fit over a girl? If one would closely look at Sasuke, they could see a single teardrop forming in the brim of his waterline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where is Misa?" Naruto asked, his eyes darkened than usual not containing his usual glow as he realized something was up when he didn't sense her presence. He couldn't feel her within. They were twins and he could feel if something was had happened to her and his gut feeling was no further away from the truth.

"She... She's dead," Tsunade finally declared after a moment of silence and then pointed at Pain who stood at the corner, "He killed her."

Never had Tsunade or the others seen Naruto so angry. Never had anyone seen him bubble with pain, anger and hatred. He was having an inner battle with an overflow of emotions where he miserably couldn't keep them in check as his eyes turned red and his hands started shaking. The world had already seen Uzumaki Misa. The world had already seen Naruto but the world would soon see an Uzumaki Naruto who lost his other half, his twin.

The girl blinked her eyes in a state of daze feeling Sakura screech and squabble something helping the girl sit up straight. Misa was more than stunned and shocked. She could see Shikamaru, Tsunade and many shinobis who passed away standing before her. At some point she wondered if she was in heaven but reality brought her back when Tsunade dropped down to her knees and hugged Misa so tight that the girl felt like her lungs were going to get crushed.

"Misa... Misa, you are back," Tsunade sniffled hiding her face in the young Uzumaki's chest.

"H-how am I alive, Lady Tsunade?" She made a point still unsure of how she was back alive.

Misa was pretty sure she was killed when she went up against Pain like an idiot and now she was back alive? How in the world was this possible? A certain number of citizens rushed to her side and started sobbing... They were crying tears of happiness for some reason.