Chapter 57: The truth

Misa moved her legs through thick gush of greenery with nausea and fear hitting her a bit too hard. This little game of hide and seek was obviously not something she played eagerly. Uzumaki Misa really had to run away from Sasuke because Misa herself knew that if she spent more time with him, she'd give in to his affection. She was absolutely confused herself.

Her greatest question being: How could she even like or even habour feelings towards a guy who hurt her that bad in the past? He literally fought her and hurt her physically and mentally.

She remembered the times how she was affected because her hearing and sight wasn't as great as before. It didn't make sense for her to still have something for Sasuke. Nevertheless she did have some sort of feelings present towards Sasuke yet. The girl hadn't really been fond of the idea of playing Sasuke to get away and create a headstart but yet that was the only way she could escape from him. Furthermore she really needed to go to Konoha and see her brother and the others. They were probably deeply worried.

However things were never on her side as usual.

After a few minutes of rushing away, Misa gradually slowed down after hearing a loud rustle and was immensely happy to see a few root ninjas of Konoha walking around. It did seem like they were searching for someone and were on a mission but didn't matter. Misa was overjoyed, she was finally saved. Yet just as she was about to approach the crew, the girl had her mouth covered tightly and was dragged into a bush. The girl struggled and thrashed against the iron hold of the man and actually contemplated on using her taijutsu skills but as soon as she heard a very familiar voice, she didn't.

"Sai? What are you doing here?" Misa whispered in a hushed tone with her eyebrows being raised into a perfect arch obviously very much confused.

"How did you get away from the Uchiha?" The boy questioned grasping on to Misa's shoulders harshly. It was as if his life depended on it.

The Uzumaki girl just squinted her eyes and looked at Sai like the boy had lost his mind, "I don't know what your problem is but I'm going back home."

"You can't go out and meet those ninjas," The pale boy responded shaking his head and pressing Misa's shoulders down so the girl would not run away.

"Why would you even say that? I was kidnapped for god knows how long and finally managed to escape and now you are asking me not to get help from my fellow ninjas? What are you even saying?" The girl interjected with rage evident on her face yet still listened to what Sai had to say.

"Misa, you have to listen to me very well. You are in danger. If you come back to Konoha, you might even die. They might kill you," Sai warned the Uzumaki whose expressions soon turned to horror, "Go anywhere but to Konoha. Konoha is very dangerous now."

As soon as she heard those words, a strong breath of wind passed by. The constant movement of twigs crunching and leaves dropping down from the trees simply added to the dramatic movement of where Misa was not being allowed back to her own village. The echoes of the large branches of the forest swaying seemed to act like they had a mind of their own and were agreeing with Sai's words.