Chapter 73: Mental Breakdown

"So she's with a child..."

Lady Tsunade nodded her head as Shikaku stroked his beard processing the information bombarded on him. It was really tough for the man to take it all in because he had known Misa since she was a baby and practically taken care of her. The kids were growing and getting out of their shells while the former shinobis were losing their touch.

"But that girl... She's not ready. She is a child herself. How is she going to raise a baby?" Shikaku voiced his doubts, lighting up a cigarette, the stress getting into his mind. He wondered how his wife would react to the story knowing how she loved Misa like her own child- the factor of desperately wanting a daughter affecting her choices.

"Misa is not a child, Shikaku

"Misa is not a child, Shikaku. You know that, don't you? She's turning eighteen in just a few months' time," Tsunade reasoned, "And it's clear she made that choice to have it. I can't say anything against it..."

"She's going to give birth to an Uchiha. How can she even protect it?" The man stated and upon noticing the troubled face Tsunade wore, he proceeded to ask, "Did she tell you what happened with Sasuke?"

The Hokage gripped the paperwork she was working on close to her chest, "She-she doesn't want to talk about it. I am sure something bad happened again."

"Well at least this time she didn't come standing next to death's door," Shikaku added, his voice laced with sarcasm as he referred to the time five years ago, where the young Uchiha boy hurt Misa seriously, "But I'm glad she is back. Only thing I can hope is that Danzo wouldn't be coming back to Konoha any time. People have already started to question why we aren't arresting or interrogating the girl."

Tsunade was about to say something but stopped dead in her tracks when Shizune barged into the room screaming out that Uzumaki Misa had lost her mind.

Few minutes earlier...

Something was wrong with her. Misa clearly knew it. She wasn't sane or in her usual mood. Maybe she was losing fragments of her sanity... Whether it was that or something else, Uzumaki Misa couldn't tell. All she could pin point was seeing her friends smile and crack jokes was annoying her. She wanted to laugh and join with them too but strangely, Misa felt like she didn't belong with them. The girl had never felt this way before... It was direct hate and RAGE. Honestly the Uzumaki wanted to scream her lungs out them, scream asking why they didn't come for her. If they did... maybe she wouldn't be having a child or even fallen in love with Sasuke again. She didn't want to hurt their feelings though so she kept quiet through most the talk however the voices in her head were almost taking control of her. They were influencing her actions and haunting her mind. They kept on urging her to lash out at her friends. It was almost as if her mind was controlled by someone else.

"And Naruto did his pervert jutsu again!" Kiba blabbered on filling in Misa with details whilst the others sat around her bed chiming in with their stories, "Sakura smacked him across the room."