Chapter Seven

The next day came and went. The third day was full of silence and the absolute, maddening nothingness of these white walls, ignoring the wooden door I stared at all morning. My neck ached from that brute Alpha and the lack of movement. I tried whistling to Nox again, but he never answered. True to her word, the doctor visited me yesterday. She checked my bandages and applied a cold compress to my freshly bruised neck. She didn't dare to ask what had happened. She tried to get me to eat, but I refused. She also threatened to return and feed me today, but she has yet to come. It was well into the afternoon if the shadows were anything to go by. I closed my eyes to rest from my thrilling sights, only to open them again when the door thudded open. I expected to see the doctor, smiling and chatty, but what I saw was much worse.

The Beta walked in first, carrying a hardened expression in all-black attire. Right behind him was the golden-eyed asshole, dressed identically with black rolled sleeves, dragging a bleeding Nox behind him by the neck. Rage blurred my sight as his blood overwhelmed my nose, the smell radiating from all three men. As I fought to get up, I pulled at my chains, the silver cutting even deeper into my oozing wrists and ankles. The Beta closed the door as the Alpha held Nox just out of my reach in front of me. Enyo got to her feet and bristled her 'fur as she growled loudly enough to rattle my chains. My heart twisted as I looked at the cuts and bruises that peppered every visible piece of his body, blood decorating his skin like birthmarks. I let out a ferocious roar as I fought to reach him, the bed whining from the struggle.

"You will answer my questions," the Alpha growled out as he threw an unconscious Nox on the ground.

"I will kill every single person in this fucking pack," I yelled as I looked at the blood rolling down Nox's forehead.

"Even the beloved doctor?" he taunted.

"Your death will be slow and agonizing. I promise."

The Beta grabbed Nox by his hair, pulled out a silver knife, and held it to his neck.

"Now, I believe I asked you a question the other day, Rogue. Where the fuck did you come from?" the Alpha asked harshly.

"Leave him out of this!"

The Beta plunged the knife into Nox's shoulder, waking him. He didn't shout but the veins popping out on his neck showed me enough. He was in a daze, not truly knowing where he was, his chestnut eyes out of focus. Blood dripped from my wrists as I leaned towards him, the bed's metal frame creaking.

"The quicker you answer, the quicker he gets help...maybe," the Alpha toyed.

"We are Rogues, you dumbass. We didn't come from anywhere in particular," I growled as I looked into his piercing eyes.

The Beta pulled out the knife as Nox panted. Enyo called out to Aias, but he couldn't hear her.

"It's hard to believe that two rogues accidentally ventured into my territory and slaughtered my men like sheep by happenstance. So tell me, why would a Rogue do that with no motive?" he shouted as the Beta gave Nox another cut.

"How would we know that some pack decided to seize control of the neutral ground?" I answered as Enyo slowly surged forward, fighting through the silver.

"Do you expect me to believe that word hadn't spread about the Rogues killed for even looking at the Night Fang Pack?! If other packs have heard of the dismemberment surely, you would've as well!"

"You overestimate your reach!"

With another stab to the side, Nox's reactions were dulling. I felt my eyes slowly change as I took in the blood at his side.

"You want to know why we are here? Why your men laid at our feet, bleeding out on the ground? Why 84 families had to lay to rest their loved ones?" I asked as I looked down at the bed's white sheets as I felt Enyo's stormy grey irises take over my hazel ones.