Chapter Thirty-Four

The steady rhythm of his strong heartbeat calmed my frayed nerves as my breathing synced with his. His large, rough hand rubbed soothing circles into the small of my back while the other kept me impossibly close, my form melting into his. My usual stoic façade wavered as he allowed me to break, allowing only himself to witness the glimpse of my vulnerability. The soft graze of his breath on my ear sent shivers down my spine. My hand lay next to my head on the toned pectoral muscle littered with scars, each holding its own personal story. His breath tickled my scalp as my curls fluttered, his wolf needing to smell me. Despite her inner turmoil, Enyo granted the unspoken request. As my scent filled his lungs, the soft rumble of his naked chest threatened to disarm me completely. Atlas' loud, awkward cough interrupted the small moment of peace. I moved to dislodge myself from the man's body, but he just pulled me back in.

"Just one more minute," he whispered into my ear as I nestled back into his chest.

--

"The instructions are clear. Our movements have to be precise because we will not get another chance," I concluded as I folded my arms.

I reiterated my orders, now having the two crucial pieces before me, after giving the joiner a quick summary of the transpired events, excluding the mate bond. There was no room for errors, miscommunication, or emotions. The man's sudden appearance, Loukas, reinvigorated my spirit and mind, as it always did. He carried himself as if he was the deadliest warrior in the land, which may very well be true. I glanced over at him as the men digested my words. His long, thick, copper brown locks were braided in our signature design. He was brawny with the speed of a cheetah, despite his overwhelming stature. I leisurely studied his muscles that flexed with any slight movement, prominent veins and battle scars wrapped around his body. He only wore leathers over his lower body, leaving his branded chest on display. A silhouette of a wolf howling with a large slash against its body was burned into the skin of his left pectoral muscle. My eyes traveled up, taking in his strong chin and lopsided smile. By the time my eyes rested on his striking clear blue irises, he was already staring at me. A blush threatened to color my cheeks when I heard the rumble of his chest as his irises darkened considerably.

"Any questions or concerns?" I asked as I coyly broke eye contact.

"We'll make them pay," Loukas said as he once again became consumed with his thoughts.

Atlas' eyes twinkled mischievously as I was sure he was formulating a forbidden side quest.

"No, Atlas," I ordered.

"I didn't say anything," he muttered, rolling his eyes with a slight pout.

"I know you well enough."

Right before I was going to dismiss everyone, a sudden, urgent thought passed my mind. I turned towards Loukas, who seemed to move closer to me.

"Where is Reika and Silas?" I asked with a raised brow.

I saw a brief glimpse of nervousness before he masked his emotions.

"In the trees, as they always are," he answered confidently.

I closed the space between us, resting my hands on his chest as he snaked his arm around my waist. I looked up at him seductively as I rose on my tiptoes. My hand slowly moved to his neck, caressing the skin. His eyes darkened even further. My cheek brushed his as my lips touched his earlobe. His skin was hot beneath me.

"Get them out of that pack's trees before I castrate you," I whispered hotly into his ear.

I looked at him with a raised brow as I tried to dislodge myself from him, annoyed with his slip-up. He tightened his grip on me as he smirked.

"Then how would you get your fill?" he asked with smug mischief.

"Alright, enough of this. I've seen plenty of both of you together to want to bleach my eyes clean," Atlas fussed as he shooed us with his hands.

I felt Loukas' body shake with laughter as I rolled my eyes.

"You have your orders. Follow them," I commanded as I moved out of Loukas' arms.

They both nodded in understanding.

"Once this is over, we have much to discuss," I said as I looked at Loukas with barely masked apprehension.

He nodded as he tried to decipher how serious this was.

"Atlas?" I questioned as I readied myself for my return.

Before he could release me from his sanctuary, Loukas took me by surprise and kissed me deeply. His left hand tangled in my curls as his other ran along my body, leaving a trail of heat behind. My cheeks colored as I gave in to my desires, as my lungs began to burn for air. Enyo was fighting through a wave of conflicting emotions as she watched from shadows, the mate bond confusing her. A part of her missed his affection as the other, much smaller part loathed that another male was touching us.

"I'll still love you regardless," he said against my lips before his body disappeared between my fingers.

I was a bundle of nerves after his declaration. It wasn't the first time I heard it, as he usually whispered it in my ear between thrusts, but it caught me off guard every time he said it. I awoke with a start as I felt the presence of another near me. The tension in the room was so thick that my skin felt heavy. Using my elbows, I looked up to see Nox still unconscious and unscathed. A low, menacing growl cut through the room's silence, reminding me of his unwanted presence. I looked over my shoulder, and immediately my eyes locked with his blood-red irises. He stood in the doorway panting as if he had just run all the way here. He began to sniff the air, looking for something or, rather, someone. I hastily closed my thighs, attempting to mute the scent of my need that pooled between them. His eyes snapped to my legs as I failed to conceal the aroma in time.