Chapter Thirty-One

My heart thumped loudly in my chest as my skin rippled with aggressive power. There was a dull ache where my head ungracefully slammed against the cold, unforgiving, hardwood floors. Enyo capitalized off the split second where my defensive wall between us wavered to take control, pushing me into the passenger seat. My wolf's whirlwind of intense emotions almost overwhelmed me as she forced me back. The only thing that distracted me from the feelings that threatened to consume me was the annoying featherlike graze of the Alpha's breath against our skin. He roughly held her in place by her neck, squeezing harder anytime Enyo moved while he haphazardly sniffed us. Enyo looked down at the Demon Alpha to find his striking, blood-red eyes already watching her as he examined her torso, slowly descending. Enyo's flowing curls fanned out around her head like an onyx halo as the flowing scarlet dress draped over her form like a lover's embrace. Her nipples hardened as the Alpha's breath teased her skin through the thin fabric, her heartbeat subtly quickening. Fuck this mate bond. The crazed wolf's malicious ruby irises darkened at the sight, his frustration tightening his grip around her throat. After a brief moment of hesitation, he continued sniffing along her body, his nose leaving hardly any space between them. Enyo smirked deviously as the Alpha took a deep breath below her navel.

"What is it that you are looking for, dear Alpha?" Enyo taunted in a low, seductive voice.

He growled lowly as his chest vibrated against her thighs.

"Where is it?" he asked in a deep, guttural tone as he moved to stare down at her with his piercing ruby irises.

"The top drawer on the left," she nudged her chin toward the nearby nightstand.

The Alpha's face contorted into a look full of aggravated rage.

"What? Were you not asking where I kept the bacon? It truly is the most valuable thing in this room," she sighed.

He snarled in her face, rattling the nearby glass. Enyo's amusement grew as she languidly draped her leg over his back, the mate bond fluttering in her stomach.

"Do not play with me! Where is it? Your scent saturates every corner of my forest but not this room," he roared in her ear as he harshly grabbed her thigh.

His nails cut into the tender skin of her thigh, drawing blood. Only intriguing Enyo further. She ran her tongue over her elongating canines as the iron smell of blood seeped further into the walls of this room. His eyes immediately focused on her mouth, darkening even further.

"My scent...is not for you to enjoy, Mate," she whispered as she gently caressed the hand that was bruising the skin of her neck.

He roughly began to choke her as Enyo's nails grew. She slowly raised her hand on his as her cheeks began to flush, and tears pooled in the corner of her eyes—the irony. Before the Alpha wolf could blink, she snapped his wrist without care or discernible effort. She followed up by wrapping both of her legs around his upper torso and squeezing. The Alpha clawed at her body with his uninjured hand, blood covering the ground around her. She parried his hand from raking its claws against her face and countered by elbowing him in the Adam's apple. He shook as coughs rattled in his lungs as he clutched his throat. She capitalized off of the distraction and used her lower body strength to harshly roll the wolf to the side. She hastily got to her feet and created space between them, holding the shredded, bloody dress against her chest.

"Why—" he began as he tried to regain his composure.

"You know these love taps of yours are growing annoying. I liked this dress," Enyo said as she looked down with disappointment.

"I don't give a fuck about what you like," the Alpha's wolf spat as he got his feet.

Enyo rolled her eyes as she leaned against the nearby wardrobe, her head resting against the worn wood.

"You've been roaming around my territory, and I've already warned you. Do you know the consequences of defying an Alpha...your mate?" he threatened as he walked over.

She smirked as his footsteps got closer.

"You really are dense," she said as she looked at him out of the corner of her eyes.

"Tell me, Alpha. Why would I take this moment to walk around your territory and come back to face this 'punishment'? When would I have time to scent your trees and return to meet your ever-so-doting bitch?" she asked as he stopped a few feet in front of her.

"I still have your brother," he simply answered.

"So again, why would I risk his safety for a stroll when you are always lurking?" she asked as she glanced at Nox's body.

"Then why is your scent everywhere?"

She shrugged as a small smile graced her full lips.

"Just because I don't like to share my scent with you, doesn't mean the same applies to everyone else," she taunted.

He growled, showing off his growing canines.

"There are no rules against that, Alpha."