Chapter 60

I open the door to the apartment, not knowing what to expect. I look around for Connor, but I don't see him anywhere. 

I walk into the apartment now, scanning the room. There's no one there. I walk into the bedroom now, hoping to find someone or something in there. It's strange that Connor wouldn't be here. 

He definitely isn't in the bedroom, or anywhere else for that matter. I've walked around the entire apartment. I check my phone again, but there aren't any texts from him. This is only getting stranger. I don't quite know what to make of it all. 

I walk back into the kitchen, confused. Just as I'm about to check my phone again, I see something out of the corner of my eye. It looks like a note, folded up. 

I pick it up and unfold it. Written on it are some coordinates. I have no idea what all of this means. 

Slowly, I open up the maps app on my phone and input the coordinates. I am given a direction to get to the place. It's only ten minutes, if I drive. Looks like that's what I'm doing, then. 

I leave the apartment and get back into my car. This is all so unexpected. I don't even know where I'm going. I start to drive, following the directions given to me by my phone. Soon enough, I begin to realise that I'm being led into the city. 

Eventually, I arrive in front of a tall building. I recognise it, but I'm still confused as to why Connor brought me here. 

I get out of my car and walk through the doors. The inside of the building is more formal than I could have imagined, and I instantly feel out of place. 

Still confused, I walk towards the elevator. I check my phone again, but I still don't have any notifications. It looks like I'm figuring this one out myself. 

As I walk towards the elevator, someone comes towards me from around a corner. We make eye contact, but she doesn't say anything. 

She presses a button and the elevator door open. I look back at her in confusion, but she just gestures for me to step inside. Confused, and slightly nervous, I step into the elevator and wait. 

The woman presses another button and the doors close. Then, the elevator starts rising. Before I even have a chance to question what the meaning of this is, the elevator stops, and the doors begin to open. 

As I step out, I instantly realise where I am, and I am almost frozen to the spot with awe. I never imagined that I'd be stepping foot in this place. 

I knew from the moment I saw it, that this is Chicago's most expensive, formal rooftop restaurant. It's a place where only the upper-class can afford to go. It wasn't exactly somewhere where I had ever imagined myself being. 

I look around at the elegant restaurant and it looks completely deserted. There's not a single person around. 

Then, I hear a voice, one which makes me immediately alert.