forgotten~rafe

trigger warnings: death/mention of death

y/n 's pov:

me and rafe were married and lived together but it felt like he never had time for me anymore.

he was always working or out with friends, some nights he wouldn't even come home.

today, i found out i was sick, the doctors said i didn't have much longer and i needed to have a surgery that could result in death, immediately.

rafe was working and i needed to go to the hospital soon, i was very scared, and i needed support so i sent him a text.

me: hey rafe could you come home early today? something really important is happening

rafe: i actually just got off work, im on the way to kelces bc its his birthday, whats up tho?

me: its not that important i just wanted to spend some time together. i missed you

rafe: i miss you to y/n

rafe: ill be home tmr i dont work then either we can spend time together then okay?

me: yeah

i grabbed my car keys and drove to the hospital, it was scary going in to a surgery, knowing theres a 40% chance of death.

they asked for an emergency contact and i gave then rafes information, not sure if i should have given someone else because who knows if he'll even show up. i honestly haven't seen him in 6 days and we live together.

and it felt like when we were together we were just arguing.

i wrote a letter, and asked them, to give it to rafe if i didn't make it.

they prepped me for surgery before sticking the needle in me, for anesthesia.

~~~

rafes pov:

~~~

i was currently at kelces house, i was about to get some slices of pizza when my phone started ringing.

it was an unknown number. fucking spam numbers always calling, it's annoying as fuck.

i pressed decline and saw they left a message, so i listened to it.

"hello, rafe cameron. you are y/n y/l/n's emergency contact and she had gone through a surgery that had a 40 % chance of death. the surgery is done but we aren't sure if she will wake. if you decide to come see her, we are at the VMP hospital." it said.

what the actual fuck.

i wiped away tears that had formed in my eyes and through my glass on the floor, watching it shatter.

i ran out of the house and speed drove to the hospital.

i ran to the front desk and they sent me to room, 56.

i walked in and saw y/n laying on the bed, tubes and cords connected to her body.

"fuck baby im so sorry." i whisper, knowing she cant hear me.

i walk over to her and stroke her cheek, as tears fall down my face.

"i love you y/n please dont die! im so sorry" i say.

the doctor walks in. "oh um.. she is alive, but we aren't sure for how long, she asked me to give you this is she passed and i feel i should give it to you." he says as he hands me a folded piece of paper.

i un fold it and begin to read.

rafe,
it feels as though you never have time
for me anymore and it hurts
that you choose your friends and work
over me. i hate that out last real
conversation was an argument.
since im not here anymore, i want you to know i still love you and i always will.
this is not your fault. i asked you to come
home early because i wanted to
see you before this surgery, that i ended
up going to alone,
but if you wanted to spend
time with your friends, its okay i understand. i love you, always and forever
- your forgotten wife <3

by the end of it im crying my eyes out, i would do anything for just one more minute with my beautiful girl.

"fuck y/n im so fucking sorry i love you so much."
i say weakly.

i lean down and press my lips to her forehead, kissing her un responsive body.

i wish we could be in bed right now, cuddling to sleep like we used to.

i miss it so much.

i tried to distance myself from her because well she was perfect and im so fucked up, i thought it would be good for her.

boy was i wrong.