i believe you ~rafe

a/n: this is much darker as i got the movie believe me. if you haven't seen that movie or heard of it its about a girl who was kidnapped and raped and basically nobody believed her. so obviously dont read this is you're sensitive to that type of a thing, or if you just dont feel like reading something like that. (this wont be when shes kidnapped but after she escaped) also in this "y/n" will be 19 and rafe will be around 23.
y/n's pov:

i had been running for i dont know how long, but i would run for the rest of my life if it meant i got away from that real life hell.

tears were running down my face when i finally made it home.

i pounded on the door and my step mom opened it. "where have you been these past three days we have been going crazy looking for you!" she says.

"i-oh my god-" i say as i try to catch my breath from all the running. my dad walks in to the room. "oh my god your back! y/n where were you?" he asks.

"i-i-i was kidnapped!" i say as i wipe away my tears with my hand. my step mom, and dad, look at me like im crazy.

"honey.. are you sure you didn't just go to a party, maybe get drunk and couldn't come home like that?" says my step mom. "a-are you kidding me? no! why would i lie about that!" i yelled.

"i dont know darling you are a young girl who probably just needed to have some fun." says my step mom.

"i-i was kidnapped! i was raped for god sake and you're accusing me of lying? what the fuck!" i yelled.

i practically ran up to my bedroom, and lol the door shut.

my dad came to my room multiple times to ask if i wad telling the truth and telling me it was wrong to lie, and i was so sick of this, why would i lie!

i ended up taking a shower, and going straight to bed.

~~~

the next morning i was woken up with my dad shook me. "hm?" i said "the police wanna talk to you, wanna know what happened." he says. "now?" i groan.

"yeah now, up, up, up." he says. i sigh as i get out of bed, i brush my teeth and throw my hair in to a low bun, and walking down stairs.

there was a lady there, and we went in to a private room to "talk."

i gave her every little detail of what happened to me and at the end she asked me "is this all for attention, because your father said it was?" she didn't even fucking believe me.

"are you fucking kidding me!" i practically screamed. another police man walked in, he was tall and had beautiful blue eyes along with dirty blonde hair.

"is everything okay?" he asks. "no! no! nothings okay!" i said as tears fell down my face.

"i-im sorry y/n i didn't mean to upset you." she says.

"um angie could you step out so i could talk to y/n?" asks the man. she nods as she walks out.

"i dont wanna talk to you! you're just ganna try and calm me down and then call me crazy im not having it!" i say. "hey-hey-hey-no, i want to hear your story." he says.

i sniffle as i nod. he sits down, across from me.

"so is it okay if i call you y/n?" he asks me. i nod my head.

"well y/n, my police name is officer cameron, but please, call me rafe." he says. i nod my head again.

"now would you like to tell me what happened to you this past week?" he asks.

"um.. i-i was riding my bike over to the gas station for a bag of chips and i dunno some pepsi, but on the way there-this guys he-started to follow me-i-in his car so i started going faster and he followed fast and eventually i was to scared to get off of my bike, so i started just peddling away, anywhere. after awhile i fell off my bike because i was looking back at his car and i lost balance i guess." i said.

"and he-he grabbed me and basically i tried to fight him off, but he pointed a gun at my head and said if i screamed he would shoot so i shut up and did what he said, he-he tied my hands behind my back and put a blindfold on me and made me get in to his car." i explain.

"s-so i cant really tell you what happened because of the blindfold i had on but he took me.. somewhere, probably his house and he-he locked me in some room. he came back after a bit and well he- he raped me-a-and he bathed me and brushed my hair- i felt so disgusting. then it all just repeated the next day. he never took off mt blindfold. he once gave me something to eat but i-i couldn't eat it it smelt so bad like it was moldy." i said.

"he was really mad and he.. forcefully made me eat it and i remember throwing up after." i say. "

"the same exact thing happened the next day except at the end of the day he un tied my hands. he told me to-to touch myself.. i couldn't get myself to do it and he got really mad, he said was going to get something and he walked away. he had left the door open do i took my change and i ran- i ran so-so far i made it home- a-and no one believed me." i say.

tears fell down my cheek. "i-im sorry." i said as i wiped them.

"no sweetheart dont apologize." he says. "you went through something traumatic, of course you're going to have emotions about it." he says.

"you- you believe me?" i ask. "i do y/n, i really do." he says.

i slightly smile. "thank you." i whisper. "dont thank me yet, im going to try my hardest to find that guy, do you know what he looked like, where he lived?" he asks.

"i only saw him for like 5 minutes but from what i can remember he-he was maybe 6 foot, he had-um.. i think blonde hair, and a beard. he looked maybe 45 and he was white." i say.

"and im sorry i dont know where he lived- he- when i started to run i didn't really look around i just ran." i say.

"its okay, its all good, you made it back here safe thats all that matters." he says.

"um-mr. cameron?" i say. "call me rafe." he says with a nod.

"well um.. rafe.. what if people still think im lying and then start telling you you're crazy?" i say. "i dont wanna ruin your reputation." i say.

"hey no- darling its my job to keep people safe. if nobody believes us, then they can screw right off because well- i-im pretty well respected around here as my dad could probably get any of these people fired, but even if i would risk my reputation i would still try to help you y/n." he says.

"i appreciate it." i say. my eyes are watering, not from sadness/anger but from gratitude.

we both stood up and i wiped my tears.

"c-could i maybe get a hug?" i asked as a blush creeped on to my cheeks.

"oh-yeah-yeah of course." he said.

i walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his torso, he hugged me back, i think he may have needed this hug just as much as i did.

we pulled apart and he rubbed my shoulder.

"im going to go back to the station, and try and get some research done about this guy, if you need anything or ever dont feel safe dont be afraid to call me ill do my best to help." he says as he hands me his card.

"thank you." i say.

"bye pretty girl, ill give you all the updates." he says.

i knew he meant for the pet name to be a sweet gesture but it put butterflies in my stomach.

"bye rafe." i said with a smile.